• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting Defensive - St Louis Rams

Zod

The Texans forgetting how to tackle padded his stats with 54 yards after contact. He isn't a power runner.

Read any scouting report on the kid and you will see that he is known as an inside the tackles , North/South power runner known for breaking tackles and his ability to move the pile. The Rams traded up to get him to be their power running back. Ideally Richardson and Pead were going to be used inside the 20's with Stacy being used as their short yardage back in power formations and at the goaline.

Just saying, if that is the Rams version of DeAngelo Williams than I must be missing something.  

This is a great break down. 

- Apply pressure from the front four. This really is the key to this game. Sam Bradford currently has a 90.7 passer rating. That rating drops to 57.1 when playing under pressure. However, when being blitzed, Bradford scores a 112.1. This means that the Rams are a team well prepared for the blitz. The Panthers must apply pressure to Bradford while keeping its defensive backfield in tact. Carolina has the personnel on the defensive line to do so, lets hope for another Eli Manning'esque feeding frenzy

Zac Stacey was touted by many analysts to be an under the radar break out player before the season started....that has yet to be seen due to St. Louis giving the bulk of the carries to Daryl Richardson who was been non existent this year, not really worried about the rams rushing attack simply saying small sample source on Stacey....the one position that worries me is Jared cook the tight end...he had a field day on the cardinals and seeing what Rudolph did against us last week (9catches and a TD) a more athletic cook could pose a problem. The key is setting the tone early don't let Bradford get comfortable and don't let Stacey break anything to set up the play action. Play physical with little tavon and it could be a long day for the rams offense. All in all I feel the defense will show up once again hopefully their counter parts on offense don't come out flat and put some points on the board!!

I guess I'm in the minority, I don't really like our blue jerseys.

Zac Stacy, I'm not familiar with. But, we've been almost shutdown on the run. So I'm not too concerned. I am concerned with dink-dunk QB's like Bradford. I will be at the game and if Rams play it that way on offense it will be a bore fest for me personally.