• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank God Tavon never made it to pick 14

DaveThePanther2008

I'm not a fan of the pick, not because I don't like him as a player, just don't like the risk associated with drafting an undersized guy that high.

In the top half of the first round I prefer "prototype" like players. After that I'm cool with taking chances.

I have a hard time criticizing that approach- unless you believe the guy to be special.

Personally, I believe he can be special.

I think he will still be a good receiver for the Rams but I never wanted him. I wanted Star pretty much all off-season but figured he'd be gone by 14. Realistically I wanted Richardson but hey sometimes you get lucky and get a Star.

Honestly what exactly was his appeal to people on this board besides "he is short and stuff like smith!"

It's a simple rule of the huddle - any receiver that isn't tall and can return kicks and potentially could be a Carolina Panther is the next Steve Smith. Examples of this phenomenon include: Tavon Austin, Ryne Robinson, Kealoha Pilares, Joe Adams, Armanti Edwards.

I was a huge Tavon Austin fan, but "NO" we would not have been that stupid to draft Austin over Star.

Austin sure is struggling a bit right now but he's a damn rookie. That was a pure stupid statement comparing him to Joe Adams. Joe Adams was drafted to be a Returner. Austin was drafted to be a Wide Receiver.

Cant blame Austin's slow season without blaming the Rams' offense. They have no running game and a bunch of no3 receivers. Bradford is a terrible QB too. His stats says something else, but he clearly isnt that if you have watch him play. Most of his yardage this year came after the 3rd or 4th Quarter (i.e. vs Atl).

I wouldnt be calling Austin a "BUST" after 6 games too. I mean his stats is similar to our 4th year veteran Brandon Lafell who most fans is obsess with.

Tavon Austin: 24 rec, 159 yards, 2 tds

Brandon Lafell: 15 rec, 220 yards, 3 tds

Archived