• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is 9-7 good enough? Only 27% of the time since 2002...

mr beauxjangles

There will be one 9-7 team that makes the playoffs this year I think. With all the injuries and mediocre teams, I think that it won't take 10-6 this year. I guess get that feeling.

Look at Detroit's schedule and tell me how they're going to get to 7 losses. Especially after beating Dallas today.

All I know is I cant wait until the playoffs are expanded by one more wild card per conference in two years. Its long overdue. Above .500 should guarantee a playoff spot period.

Don't agree with that at all. Just finishing above 500 should not guarantee a playoff spot.  A team should actually have to earn a playoff spot. 

Do you really think we can go the rest of the season without another WTF loss?

I personally dont. I think we'll go into the final game against lowly atlanta with it all on the line, with 8 or 9 wins already to our tally and a win and we're in type of situation (might even be the flexed game that week) and they beat us in Atlanta to keep us out... and it might not be close. I could see that crap happening.

Look at Detroit's schedule and tell me how they're going to get to 7 losses. Especially after beating Dallas today.

I could see them losing 4 games. They could lose to GreenBay again and to Chicago easily.  Then all they need to do is lose 2 games on the road like to a resurgent Giants team or to a good defense like Baltimore and there you are. 

Looking at the schedule, I believe the 49ers are the toughest team we have to beat. Mobile Qb, West Coast. etc. It will be tough. I have this feeling inside that we are going to jump on NE but right now, it is all about beating Atl next week.  5-3 will be big for us especially with the upcoming games we have. Before the season, I called 10-6 and we might do that are better. Winning breeds confidence. I am a believe in this team and the defense. Cam is starting to play more consistent and seems like Shula is calling some good games.

Archived