• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Along the Sidelines - Falcons Edition

Zod

Any day a division rival is blown out at Bank of America stadium should be considered a great day.

Jonathan Stewart made his return and had a great day in his own right, but it was Mike Tolbert once again who made the most of his carries.

panthers-falcons-5.jpg

His "Dirty Bird" wasn't too shabby either... I especially liked the punt afterward.

panthers-falcons-6.jpg

Deangelo Williams set the stage early and was also effective. I feel like the plan was to wear down the Falcons defense in the first half with Deangelo Williams around the edges...

panthers-falcons-4.jpg

and then once the Falcons defense was catching their breath, Stewart was sent in to punish them physically.

panthers-falcons-30.jpg

I know quite a few fans will be talking about Cam and his accuracy issues on his long ball, but I am not concerned. It was extremely windy on the field today, and in an unpredictable way. It seemed like the direction would change after each play.

By now no one should be questioning if Cam Newton if our franchise QB.

panthers-falcons-10.jpg

panthers-falcons-9.jpg

panthers-falcons-21.jpg

panthers-falcons-3.jpg

Things change quickly on the field.

In one instant, Brandon Lafell is a hero.

panthers-falcons-17.jpg

The next he causes a collective heart attack across Panthers Nation.

panthers-falcons-18.jpg

Luckily the ball bounced his way. That is the thing about winning teams, the ball often bounces their way. Strange how that works.

On the defensive side of the ball I was impressed with the half time adjustments.

Matt Ryan went from looking like this...

panthers-falcons-2.jpg

to this...

panthers-falcons-23.jpg

The Falcons run game went from this...

panthers-falcons-8.jpg

to this...

panthers-falcons-16.jpg

Credit Sean McDermott for a well called game.

I don't feel Luke Kuechly is becoming the best middle linebacker in the game, I think he already owns that title. The funny thing, however, is that I get the feeling Luke doesn't know just how good he is.

panthers-falcons-13.jpg

But I am pretty sure his teammates do...

panthers-falcons-22.jpg

and I am positive Matt Ryan knows as well.

panthers-falcons-7.jpg

Overall it was a great day at Bank of America Stadium.

In all honesty, I was most impressed with Rivera's presser that was aired on NFLN. He said the team wasn't doing well in the first half and made adjustments for the second half. It was great hearing him say the word "adjustments." The old Panthers would have found a way to lose the game after Cam's Ints. The new Panthers made the necessary "adjustments" and went on to win. YES!

Luke isn't the best. He's close but he just isn't there yet. The Tony TD showed that.

Great photo's, you take nice action shots.

tony has done that to everyone in the history of the league. if you set the bar at flawlessly covering tony gonzalez in the red zone no one can be considered "there."

Archived