• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

causes for concern next week

KillaCamNewton

they have a punishing run game. i'm worried about that. they have a mobile quarterback - i'm worried about that too. they also have a stifling defense, and that scares me as much as anything.

this will be by far the best team we've faced this year. this is going to be our crucible.

You know something - it wouldn't surprise me to find this exact same post on a 49ers message board somewhere.  It seems to describe the Panthers perfectly.

We've played 8 games and your using one of the premier offenses in the league as a benchmark?

Other than the seattle game, which was the first game of the year and an early east coast game for them, what other legitimate offenses have we played? We've played

-buffalo in EJ manuels 2nd game of his career and we gave up 24

- the giants

- the cardinals

-the vikings with matt cassell

-the rams

-the bucs who are 0-8 and have a rookie at QB

- the falcons who are without 2 of the premier receivers in the game

Our defense has been sensational, i wont take anything away from them, but we've also had a very favorable first 8 games in terms of the offenses weve faced. We have the niners, tom brady, and drew brees twice left on the schedule. Well see real soon whether our defense is top notch or just the benefit of facing weak offenses

This is our first real test. A lot riding on this game that is for sure.

The book on Kaep is to contain him. That is how we play. Contain and collapse. Win this battle and we can win the war.

Keep doing what we do, move the ball and the chains, score some points, and play "lights out" Defense. Let the chips fall where they may against the 9ers.

With this being a 1:00 start, I think it is just another game for us. Unless the 9ers want to avoid being added to the list of spanked teams we are compiling. They had better bring their A game.

They are a pretty good team. We are a pretty damm good team. We win. 31-17.

they have a punishing run game. i'm worried about that. they have a mobile quarterback - i'm worried about that too. they also have a stifling defense, and that scares me as much as anything.

this will be by far the best team we've faced this year. this is going to be our crucible.

To paperback Chaos, we play damm good football up in here. Sure we have miscues, but we now have the confindence to over come them. In the past, we would have lost this game. The key phrase: In the past!

I'm done short selling our team. We are as good as anyone. Here is the crux of it. If we take care of the ball, we will win. If we turn it over more than them we will lose.

Ding a fuging ling.

We attempt to play hard nosed mistake free football. Today we learned even if do make a few mistakes, we can still spank you.

Is next week the biggest game the Panthers have played in last 5 years?

After mulling this over for a whole 20 seconds, my quick gut feeling is, I can't think of a bigger 1, so... Yes.

A quick search found that 09 season, we went into the last game at home against the aints needing a win to to 500. So, that would be our last "Big Game". 3 1/2 years ago. We won, for those who are research or memory challenged.

You know something - it wouldn't surprise me to find this exact same post on a 49ers message board somewhere.  It seems to describe the Panthers perfectly.

Sounds good to say doesn't it. And is sounds good cuz it's true.

Other than the seattle game, which was the first game of the year and an early east coast game for them, what other legitimate offenses have we played? We've played

-buffalo in EJ manuels 2nd game of his career and we gave up 24

- the giants

- the cardinals

-the vikings with matt cassell

-the rams

-the bucs who are 0-8 and have a rookie at QB

- the falcons who are without 2 of the premier receivers in the game

Our defense has been sensational, i wont take anything away from them, but we've also had a very favorable first 8 games in terms of the offenses weve faced. We have the niners, tom brady, and drew brees twice left on the schedule. Well see real soon whether our defense is top notch or just the benefit of facing weak offenses

We have treated every Offense we have met all year the same. With distain.

We play who we are scheduled.

NG, 0-2, with Eli, ready to turn their season around. Nope, we spanked em'

Cards, fighting to get above 500, and hoping for a run. Nope, we spanked em', yet we lost?

Vikes, well...we spanked em' too.

Rams, had Bradford, we hoping get above 500 and keep the good vibes going. Nope, we spanked em'.

bucs, spanked em'

atl, matt ryan, hoping to turn a bad start around. Nope. spanked em'

6 of our 8 opponents had their starting QB. Are you dismissing these guys totally? Either way. We spanked em'.

It comes down to turnovers and wearing down the D. Its a showdown between two teams that are very similar.

I don't see Cam having 2 badish games in a row. So if we play our usual game. I think we can win.

If we are 2 closely matched teams, it comes down to questions. Who has the bigger, or more, questions? Can you move the ball if the D takes away your run? SF is a ?, we are not. Can you stop the run? SF has been up and down on this, we are stout. Can you stop the pass? SF is shaky at best, we are better than expectedly good.

And most of all. Can you trust your QB? Kaep be a good young QB, but I'll take Cam over him, and damm near anybody, at any time.

Add that up. We win. 31-17. There O just can't keep up, and implodes from the pressure.

I don't see Cam having 2 badish games in a row. So if we play our usual game. I think we can win.

If we are 2 closely matched teams, it comes down to questions. Who has the bigger, or more, questions? Can you move the ball if the D takes away your run? SF is a ?, we are not. Can you stop the run? SF has been up and down on this, we are stout. Can you stop the pass? SF is shaky at best, we are better than expectedly good.

And most of all. Can you trust your QB? Kaep be a good young QB, but I'll take Cam over him, and damm near anybody, at any time.

Add that up. We win. 31-17. There O just can't keep up, and implodes from the pressure.

TBH I'm not as worried about Cam as our Oline and RBs. They have to play well and not turn it over. 3-4 teams have caused us fits in the past with our line.

Archived