• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Demanded The Ball More at Half Time

chknwing

Steve Smith said in an interview, at half time he demanded the ball more.  I like this as him being a leader of this team stepping up and wanting the responsibility to lead this team back.  But at the same time is this disrespectful to the coaches?  What says you?

Depends on the circumstances and how he said it... we probably won't ever know that.

I like that he wants to take the initiative though...

The O line wasn't giving Cam much time yesterday and the play calling wasn't the best either...  so it really wasn't simply a matter of getting him the ball either.

ok but as a coach, do you deviate from your game plan to win, to accommodate your best player?  I cant see how that wouldn't affect the younger players on the team.  Not trying to start drama, but I think Ron has put alot of work into building a strong locker room in which he is in complete control of, sometimes its simple things like this that can make it all unravel.

ok but as a coach, do you deviate from your game plan to win, to accommodate your best player?  I cant see how that wouldn't affect the younger players on the team.  Not trying to start drama, but I think Ron has put alot of work into building a strong locker room in which he is in complete control of, sometimes its simple things like this that can make it all unravel.

As a coach you are looking for the players that are ready willing and able to make a play.  Smitty cut the BS and flat out told the coaches that he was that guy.  If you ask me, Smitty made the coaches decision easy. 

Need a play?  89, bottom line.

I was happy he talked about that, matter of fact when it came to that 4 and 10 he was the person I was wanting the ball to go to. I got tired of seeing Ginn drop the ball and I knew in situation like that Smitty usually wins. I love that Cam is spreading the ball around more this year but when it comes to games like this he has to start feeding Steve because he still has enough left in the tank to carry the team also.

Smitty is going to want it all the time. Just the way it is. However I think the coaches need to be careful that Cam does not go back to his whole staring down receivers/ always forcing it to Smitty phase. We had enough of that and it was a disaster. Smitty is getting old and is not as quick, doesn't get open as much and is dropping balls hitting him in the hands. He is still a legit threat but again, don't need to force anything. I've seen enough of those shitty games on the field the past couple years. Spread the ball around.

Archived