• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

need more prayers.... fml UPDATED; UPDATE 12/25

teeray

Need to vent because this poo is messed up.

Some of you guys may remember me posting a while back asking for prayers for my stepfather who was battling cancer.

Here is what has happened since. My stepfather lost his fight and passed away. Then very suddenly lost my half sister ON Thanksgiving day.

But now it is getting worse. My mom is in her 4th hospital in 3 weeks. She was having trouble breathing for some time. Drs thought it was aggressive asthma induced by stress. They were wrong.

Turns out she had blood clots. And they were in her lungs. She went through several trips to the hospital, they would put her on a blood thinner, she would get to feeling better, they would release her, and then a few days later she would end up in an ambulance again. They would adjust her blood thinners again and send her on her way again.

Then it gets worse! She developed internal bleeding! So if they use blood thinners she starts bleeding out, if she doesn't take blood thinners her lungs fill up with clots and could suffocate her or damage her brain or explode her heart.

Then today the poo hit the fan even worse. She had been released just yesterday (Friday) with a new concoction of medicines that they thought would finally work. She felt much better and even went to the grocery store and did some shopping (a major achievement in her current condition, she could hardly walk to the bathroom without almost passing out). We were all very hopeful that she had turned the corner.

Today she phoned my sister and said she was not feeling well. As soon as my sister made it there she called an ambulance. Turns out she had MASSIVE internal bleeding all over her body. And there is no way the doctors could stop it.

Her blood pressure dropped to 60/40 and there was not a lot to do but try to keep her alive and hope the bleeding would stop as thinners were leaving her system. There is so much bleeding internally they can't find out where it is coming from.

She has now had 8 blood transfusions in the last 12 hours just to keep her alive from the blood lost internally plus she is in a ton of pain, but she can't have powerful pain medicine or be sedated because that would cause her blood pressure to drop even further and likely kill her.

This has been an unbelievably trying time for me. I need your prayers and good wishes. I am currently sitting in the hospital just hoping this gets better. It is very iffy if she will make it through this.

Thanks guys and gals, just need to vent and need, need, need your prayers.

I'm wishing you the best. I spent thanksgiving in the hospital with my father last year. I'm blessed that he recovered but I have a fraction of understanding of what it's like. I just hope with what has happened and what will happen in the future you can be at peace. Every day is a blessing. I just try to be thankful for the time I've had with my loved ones no matter how long or short.

Prayers for me, Tee.

I can understand exactly how you feel. Through the course of several hospital trips, my mother was 'complicated' too. Seemed like every time she went to the hospital for one thing, something else reared its head.

Best to your family in these rough times.

Archived