• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 seed vs. saints missing the playoffs

#1 seed vs. saints missing playoffs  

208 members have voted

1. 1. would you rather the panthers be the #1 seed, or the saints miss the playoffs

• #1 seed
    • no playoffs for the saints

Aints misses the Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rather play the Cardinals than Drew Brees, even though Arizona's defense is pretty nasty. But, I feel good playing Cardinals, SF, or any other wild card teams at home.

I'd keep the no.1 seed and go to Seattle. Not even flinching.

Did this even make sense to you?

Both or #1 seed if I had to choose.

yep you have to choose. only way the saints miss the playoffs is if AZ wins on sunday (plus a Saints loss). only way we get homefield is if AZ loses (plus a Carolina win and Seattle loss).

i would like either scenario honestly. Carolina can still capture the division which is all i actually care about. a win guarantees us at least 2nd seed and at least one home playoff game. 

that being said, as long as Carolina wins, i would actually rather have NO stay out of the postseason and the Panthers be relegated to the second seed. That way AZ or SF can go to Seattle and play a 3rd division game. i see those other two representatives from the NFCw as the best chances to beat Seattle before we have to face them. We can beat Seattle in Seattle, but i'd rather host a wild card team at home that just played a hard game in Seattle. in other words, second seed gives us the good chance that we host two playoff games even as the second seed. with the upside that there would be no New Orleans to foul things up. of course, first seed guarantees us two home games anyway and im not afraid of New Orleans playing in Charlotte in January. all that to say... IT DOESNT MATTER. i hope we get the 1st seed but i also hope the Aints dont go. cant have the best of both worlds so i'll be happy with either scenario

I want what is best for the Panthers more than I want what is worst for the Saints.

Agreed, but that's why I went with Saints missing. I high seeding seems to mean less than it did before. However, playing a division rival that you just pissed off at the end of the regular season still means a lot. Can the Psnthers beat them in the playoffs? Of course. I'd just rather not give them a chance at knocking us out. I don't give a fug what they do if we end up in the Super Bowl.

Archived