• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

House of Cards

PhillyB

The killed her off because she had served her purpose (helping him obtain the Vice Presidency).  She was no longer useful and becoming dangerous to Frank.  Same reason he killed Russo.

In order for her to stay they would have had to make her completely drop her investigation of Frank and forget about it and go back to writing the stories he wanted written.  At the same time they would have had to make Frank believe that she was no longer a threat.  Neither would have been believable.

I don't like when a TV show kills off major characters just for shock value.    

It's wasn't just for shock value it made absolute sense.  In the original series her death was the 1st season's finale.  Underwood used her to get VP, once he had it he didn't need her anymore.  

I hadnt watched the first minute of this before last Wednesday.

Snowed in...

Bored...

Looking for something to kill some time with on Netflix

Hrmmm hear good things about House of Cards Ill watch one or two of those.

5 days and 26 episodes

Ho-ly fug

Always knew Spacy and Wright are talented but they are pretty amazing in this.

But now I have to wait a whole year... I both love and hate watching TV like this.

The killed her off because she had served her purpose (helping him obtain the Vice Presidency).  She was no longer useful and becoming dangerous to Frank.  Same reason he killed Russo.

In order for her to stay they would have had to make her completely drop her investigation of Frank and forget about it and go back to writing the stories he wanted written.  At the same time they would have had to make Frank believe that she was no longer a threat.  Neither would have been believable.

Yep.  Upon re-watching, you can see Frank throughout the episode contemplating how to get rid of her.  When he was talking to the rib guy, that was when he decided to do the quick kill over something more drawn out.    

Archived