• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.C. Options if McDermott Leaves?

Catalyst

Not calling you out in particular but it has been said by numerous posters. Keek is not on some Peyton manning level with calling the shots for their respective squads. McDermott and pretty much any coordinator we bring in is going to be light years above keek in defensive game planning and play calling. Keek is a beast and incredibly smart. But we can't rely on a 3rd year player to call the shots. It's unfair to him and unfair to the team.

Understand your opinion. However talent will make any coordinator look great. Look at billacheat with the browns.

Keep is already changing the calls on the field now based on what he see's

As your correct, he won't replace a coordinator, but he wil damn sure they are made to look good. Look at our defense in mcdermonts 1st year. We couldn't stop anyone. Then When john went down last season we transformed.

It's a maturation process, but keek is well on his way.

Understand your opinion. However talent will make any coordinator look great. Look at billacheat with the browns.

Keep is already changing the calls on the field now based on what he see's

As your correct, he won't replace a coordinator, but he wil damn sure they are made to look good. Look at our defense in mcdermonts 1st year. We couldn't stop anyone. Then When john went down last season we transformed.

It's a maturation process, but keek is well on his way.

oh for sure it's all about talent. but some people have acted like kuechly is peyton manning on the defense.

Jim Schwatz is looking for work.

It would surprise me if Wash. took McD. They should go for an Offensive Coach IMO. Someone that may be able to get RGknee to become the QB they thought he would be.

Personally. I would hate to lose any of our Defensive position coaches to become DC. We are still young, we still need that guidance. Becoming DC would take too much time away from their positional duties.

Archived