• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton, you're now a franchise QB!

Evengelion

Really? Now, can you trade me to the Bengals so I can throw to AJ Green behind that OL. Screw this rebuilding and taking all the blame stuff. Just kidding!

Anyhow, Gettleman, without pause this time, declared that Cam is our franchise quarter.

During the team's end-of-season news conference Tuesday, there was no lull this time when Gettleman was asked if Newton is the franchise's quarterback of the future.

"Yes," Gettleman said. "No seven-second pause there. Yes he is."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000313135/article/gm-cam-newton-proved-hes-panthers-franchise-qb

Seriously folks, I didn't see this one coming. We all thought Clausen would be back to steer this sheep to a superbowl, right?! Right?!

This is only news to the clueless "fans" who just three months ago were creating threads about whether he was in Gettleman's plans for the future, and debating possible trade scenarios. Of course most of these people either rarely post anymore, or pretend they never said any of it.

Archived