• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So there is a twist in the Martin/Incognito saga

SCP

Yes to both....what is your point?

Incognito is a 30 yo grown man with kids.  He still sounds like an idiot.

Since when did having children and/or being 30 make a person smart? Biology and evolution has made that pretty easy to do.

After reading those texts, I wouldn't be surprised if Martin is gay and this whole thing came from him not being comfortable with his homosexuality in front of his straight teammates.  The sad truth is you can't be openly gay in the NFL.  Maybe some of his teammates figured that out and that's where the bullying came from.  Incognito was always talking about getting pussy and all the girls he was hanging out with, but Martin always kind of deflected that talk and never mentioned any of the girls he was seeing.  There are a few times Martin talks about girls and the stripper picture, but who knows if that's just a cover up or he's just not as horny as Incognito.  

If he quit football to truly embrace who he is, more power to him.  But he didn't need to drag Incognito with him because from those text messages he never crossed the line.  All just seemed like friendly banter and good-natured ribbing.  Judging from the texts, I don't think Incognito came from a place of hate.  

After reading those texts, I wouldn't be surprised if Martin is gay and this whole thing came from him not being comfortable with his homosexuality in front of his straight teammates.  The sad truth is you can't be openly gay in the NFL.  Maybe some of his teammates figured that out and that's where the bullying came from.  Incognito was always talking about getting pussy and all the girls he was hanging out with, but Martin always kind of deflected that talk and never mentioned any of the girls he was seeing.  There are a few times Martin talks about girls and the stripper picture, but who knows if that's just a cover up or he's just not as horny as Incognito.  

If he quit football to truly embrace who he is, more power to him.  But he didn't need to drag Incognito with him because from those text messages he never crossed the line.  All just seemed like friendly banter and good-natured ribbing.  Judging from the texts, I don't think Incognito came from a place of hate.  

I agree

Hatter I've seen you at tailgates.

You're an idiot too :) dont throw stones!

I always follow the advice from an attorney friend of mine.....don't ever put anything in writing (e-mail or text) that you would not want on the front page of the paper.  It too often comes back to take a big bite out of your butt.

It's like you disobey his advice every time you post.

Not sure if I would make the leap from not talking about girls he was seeing........to being gay.

He very well may be, but the correlation you are making seems pretty weak.

"This world/society is going to hell" lol

Observable atrocities have gone way up, and the absolute number of atrocities has steadily decreased over millennia. The world is getting better, not worse, and some evidence of that is the ability of people to look at cases like this and come away with it thinking there's something wrong with what's happening. That and the fact that people aren't putting other people of color in chains anymore for example.

Incognito and Martin could both find themselves back in the NFL. Only problem with Martin is from what I read he was performing poorly.

NFL forgets. The league is not a bunch of choir boys. Kerry Collins used the N word and was an alcoholic and he played for a long time. Stallworth killed a man with his vehicle and played in the league.

Once more scandals happen people will forget these two. Also nobody focuses on offensive lineman. They're invisible on most game footage.

This is only 1 piece of the puzzle but it certainly does not favor Martin. You still have to take into account how he was treated in real life. Vegas trip etc.

I'm sure they beat him with socks of soap then left him on the roof all night. Come on man. What kind of bullying could possibly be done. Someone well into their twenties should have the mental fortitude to deal with it in other ways.

Archived