• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I Think Will Happen

NJPanthers12

Dwan, and Captain (I think) both signed a relatively cheap 2 year deal last year. So they should both be back. I can live with that.

Resigning Gross, and maybe Wharton should be rather cheap. All we really need is a good RT. That is iffy. FA Vet, or a rookie. Either should be pretty cheap. personally, I would like a rookie RT that we can groom for LT. But, any guy that can move Bell to depth is good for me.

Finding a quality CB, and WR, is the real question. We need starter quality at both positions. Really they are the only spots we are deficient. FA Vets maybe. Rookies? Not really thrilled with that. These are the only spots I am concerned with. Hoping Gman can figure these 2 out.

We may be cap strapped. But...we really don't need to do that much to improve. If you think a quality WR and RT won't make us better? Then you have too much time on your hands.

We only have 3 guys we need to keep. Kraken, Cam, and Keek. If Gman can fill in the roster with quality FA, like he started last year. We really should have the money to keep these guys.

I know a lot of you guys/gals think we can't keep Hardy. Because we have Cam and Keek to contend with. But, if we keep the lower end of our roster full of rookies, and cheaper FA like Ginn Jr., we can keep building. It really isn't as bad as some will have you believe.

In todays NFL, you need to pressure the QB. Letting Hardy go would hinder that. Replacing our FA is not really going to cost much more than we already have invested. So our cap space can go to keeping our needed guys. I mean really. Think about it. Replacing guys on the lower end of the scale is not going to cost us much. So we can afford to keep the few guys we need to keep.

tl/dr version. We are going to be fine. The future is still bright. Don't let the past hinder your view of what is to come.

I didn't want to say decker because I think out of all the receivers he will probably be asking for the most money, so the top receivers were the three I said Maclin, Sanders and Nicks, then you got the next level guys who are on cheaper deals, it all depends on what cap space a guy would take up anyway.

true. I am not really hot and heavy for Decker anyways. AS far as WR's go and the draft depth I would probably prefer all draft picks at WR.in other words not even go FA for that position.

it is not a mentality it is a fact. The Giants were horrible most of the year. warning signs mean different things to different people. If Nicks was one of the main reasons the giants were bad then you could make an argument about that but he wasn't. The whole team was fairly dysfunctional and a mess. To point out other factors and variables is not dismissing, Not pointing them out would be dismissing them.

I think Gman knows Nicks and would have a better insight to who he does and does not bring to the table. You speculate your way, I speculate mine.

anybody that half ass paud attentiin can argue otherwise. Its clear to me you'll make any excuse you can.

That is your choice.

I am not sure why everyone thinks Nicks will give us a huge hometown discount unless he has to take a one year contract to reestablish himself. I am not sure what we gain if we cut DWILL given the caphit we will take.To me DEdwards is still productive in our rotation. At this point it is all speculation.

I am not sure why everyone thinks Nicks will give us a huge hometown discount unless he has to take a one year contract to reestablish himself. I am not sure what we gain if we cut DWILL given the caphit we will take.To me DEdwards is still productive in our rotation. At this point it is all speculation.

absolutely. There is no news coming from the panther camp saying we looking at Nicks. I think the cap issues make it hard to go after him unless he in fact does give a discount a deep one at that.I think there are some teams out there willing to pay a little more than we are able to at this time.

I like keeping DWill and Edwards as well.

true. I am not really hot and heavy for Decker anyways. AS far as WR's go and the draft depth I would probably prefer all draft picks at WR.in other words not even go FA for that position.

One of many records of my thoughts on WR. None of which say I only like NIcks.in fact my position is that I would not mnd having him but really don't see that as the best first option for us in the off season. The depth of the draft at WR is my focus and where i would start and finish.

I keep reading we need 1 r 2 Wr s in the draft or fa and that we don't have the money. Sorry we need to look at ( Don t hate ). Cutting Smitty. His age and production. I love him to but Father time is always a winner . Before you all start remember Delhome stayed to long and even Montana got cut for money reasons

It would be a bad move to tie up so much money into 1 position (DE). I cant see Gman doing such. 

No, I can't either  so,trading Hardy prior to the draft may very well be the best move for the Panthers given the likely outcomes. 

They simply can't afford to gut the team in order to pay another elite pass rusher, and the NY Jets showed that there is plenty of room for a team to deal an elite defender on a franchise tag. They received a first and fourth round pick for Darrelle Revis in 2012, opening the door for the Panthers to do a similar trade.

I just don't see a way in which Hardy stays a Panther. The team just doesn't have the cap space to give him 12+ million, then have the money to fill in about 6 starters and a bunch of key depth. That's not even considering Cam is at the least going to be making 17 million in 2015. 

• 3 weeks later...

This offseason is a critical offseason for us. We can either build on our momentum or continue to be an inconsistent franchise. After taking a few weeks to get over the loss to the Ninersi started to think about this offseason. This is what I expect or at least think will happen.

The Panthers start off by franchising Hardy and eventually signing him after they lock up Cam.

I think Cam gets a contract that will make him our franchise QB for the majority of his career.

I believe Jordan Gross signs a 2 year deal that is team friendly.

I expect the Panthers to work out deals with Mike Mitchell, Captain Munnerlyn, and Ted Ginn.

I expect the Panthers to cut loose Charles Godfrey and Dwan Edwards, as well as take a long look at Chase Blackburn.

I truly believe Hakeem Nicks takes a team friendly prove it short term contract with his hometown team.

Finally I expect and really believe DeAngelo Williams will be a July 1 cut

strike 1

Archived