• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettlemen Combine interview

Jackofalltrades

And the answer is never on your fuging roster. Thinking it is, is the reason 12-4 teams go 7-9 the next year.

The Answer was always on Hurneys roster until he got canned so....

AE, Gattis, etc weren't the answer at WR and sorry but if King or McNutt were they would have contributed here or somewhere else before we picked them up out of the garbage.

The Answer was always on Hurneys roster until he got canned so....

AE, Gattis, etc weren't the answer at WR and sorry but if King or McNutt were they would have contributed here or somewhere else before we picked them up out of the garbage.

They were buried on the depth chart in Denver and I forget the other team. But still it's not something to rely on. I've said from after last years draft that this was the year we get cam weapons.

Personally I want one if those big blocking/pass catching te's. Helps oline and receiving. I will be stunned if we don't draft a wr in the first three rounds or don't sign a legitimate weapon.

They were buried on the depth chart in Denver and I forget the other team. But still it's not something to rely on. I've said from after last years draft that this was the year we get cam weapons.

Personally I want one if those big blocking/pass catching te's. Helps oline and receiving. I will be stunned if we don't draft a wr in the first three rounds or don't sign a legitimate weapon.

We'll see, but it's been said and done here before(the whole WR is on the roster bs)

Gettlemen is a real GM though and he's had one good off-season in his lone year so there is no reason not to trust him, I just don't like hearing that when its almost never true when you have as big of a WR deficiency as we do.

according to who? You?

I bet you every huddler can do a draft board, and not one huddler would get their board the same as Gman and company.

The guy was/is extremely raw and didn't play division I football. Every single analyst was shocked that he was selected where he was. He didn't get on the field and is now a year behind in his development compared to almost every guy selected in that round last year. Some of those guys drafted right after him were starters and played quite well this past season. Throw in guys that played well on teams drafted in the 5th-7th rounds... and I have a hard time believing he was 100% the BPA. Now, based on potential alone, he could have been. But based on his resume and what he did in college; doubtful. 

Let's hear your argument that he was best player available at the 108th overall pick. 

The guy was/is extremely raw and didn't play division I football. Every single analyst was shocked that he was selected where he was. He didn't get on the field and is now a year behind in his development compared to almost every guy selected in that round last year. Some of those guys drafted right after him were starters and played quite well this past season. Throw in guys that played well on teams drafted in the 5th-7th rounds... and I have a hard time believing he was 100% the BPA. Now, based on potential alone, he could have been. But based on his resume and what he did in college; doubtful. 

Let's hear your argument that he was best player available at the 108th overall pick. 

I think his point was that we don't know what Gettleman's draft board look like(at least I hope it is) 

It is quite possible he was BPA on our board. Because most people(including myself) don't see how he was BPA at that pick, that doesn't actually mean he wasn't on the Panther's board.

I agree with it, games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't matter how many receivers you have if you're running for your life and there's no run game.

absolutely, it makes our whole offense much better.But nothing wrong with adding weapons along with the big guys. this draft is shaping up to do both and with the x factor of FA we could upgrade the whole team exponentially. now imagine Stew recovering...hmmm

Archived