• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Joe Person

Pantherman

Let's say that it's 21 million in the cap hits 132 or 19 million if the cap is 130. Is that enough money after restructures/cuts to build a competitive team? 

Sure they could hit 40 million in free space with a few cuts and restructures, but at what cost?   

It's likely that two of the three starting WR's will be rookies or marginal talent, huge question marks at OT and RG. Bad part is that's just on offense. On Defense you've got a whole secondary minus White and Lester that will need to be rebuilt, plus a question mark at DE with Hardy wanting a large paycheck. Regardless if Smith is still here, that's a huge mess on Offense. 

10 Starters need to be replaced if you count NB and Swr. That's like half of the starting lineup for a team that needs to be replaced. 

Starting LT, Starting RT, Starting RG, #1 WR and a SWR. Maybe even another WR if Smith is cut. Then on defense need starters at DE, CB, NCB, FS. 

That's a mess, no matter how much cap you have left. Even worse if your cap strapped.

If Hardy wants 11-12 mil of that (he was only getting paid 800,000 las season), and we have to re-sign players like Ginn, Gano, Mitchell, Gross, etc., it's not a wonderful situation.  This doesn't even include the fact that we have to leave money to sign our newcomers in the draft AND free agency.  Not to mention that it would probably be good to go ahead and extend Cam and think about signing Luke.

21 million is more than enough. Hardy could still be franchised, we just need to let that play out. We still are going to restructure and cut players which will make our room go up. If you are drafting right then you should be able to find starters in the first 2 rounds. This is also a very deep draft.

The staff also really high on McNutt and King. The staff really likes Amini and Chandler. There could be options on this roster that we are not thinking of. one week ago we thought we had 8 million to spend and now it is being reported we have almost 22. It will work out. 

Let's say that it's 21 million in the cap hits 132 or 19 million if the cap is 130. Is that enough money after restructures/cuts to build a competitive team?

Sure they could hit 40 million in free space with a few cuts and restructures, but at what cost?

It's likely that two of the three starting WR's will be rookies or marginal talent, huge question marks at OT and RG. Bad part is that's just on offense. On Defense you've got a whole secondary minus White and Lester that will need to be rebuilt, plus a question mark at DE with Hardy wanting a large paycheck. Regardless if Smith is still here, that's a huge mess on Offense.

10 Starters need to be replaced if you count NB and Swr. That's like half of the starting lineup for a team that needs to be replaced.

Starting LT, Starting RT, Starting RG, #1 WR and a SWR. Maybe even another WR if Smith is cut. Then on defense need starters at DE, CB, NCB, FS.

That's a mess, no matter how much cap you have left. Even worse if your cap strapped.

I agree with pretty much every thing you're saying.

I do think we will get a few discount deals from players like (Mitchell and Maybe Ginn Gano). I also see some guys already on the roster who might step into to those starting spots that might be vacated. Like Chandler at OT Mcnutt at 3 or 4 WR Lester at safety and a few DE'S to cover if we lose Hardy.

I think Cap wise depth wise and the fact the draft is loaded with positions we need to improve. This team is in a better spot then it may have ever been in.

21 million is more than enough. Hardy could still be franchised, we just need to let that play out. We still are going to restructure and cut players which will make our room go up. If you are drafting right then you should be able to find starters in the first 2 rounds. This is also a very deep draft.

The staff also really high on McNutt and King. The staff really likes Amini and Chandler. There could be options on this roster that we are not thinking of. one week ago we thought we had 8 million to spend and now it is being reported we have almost 22. It will work out.

This.

I'll add that you might can get 3 to 4 starters out of this deep draft alone. Special at the positions we are looking to improve.

no i just think it is hilarious. if you every watch a gentleman press conference and joe asks a question he rolls his eyes or just breaths loudly. he is visibly annoyed when person asks  a question it is great. and to stay on topic, i don't understand how over $21 million dollars isn't a good thing for us.

hmmmm do you know joe personally ??

Tag Hardy or not?  We will know very soon and then all the fog on this cap stuff will start to clear.  Unless of course we do actually tag him, then we will be wondering what cap space we have if we trade him.  OK, nevermind on that clearing up scenario.

Tag Hardy or not? We will know very soon and then all the fog on this cap stuff will start to clear. Unless of course we do actually tag him, then we will be wondering what cap space we have if we trade him. OK, nevermind on that clearing up scenario.

13 million to tag, then once he's traded none.

One thing I'm wondering is that he's also reported we're restructuring multiple contracts.. So is the 21 mil before or after the restructures, because that makes a huge difference

Since zero restructures have been announced I would assume he doesn't have any factual data to base a number on, thus it's 21 before.

Archived