• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the Gettie trying to do too much too quickly?

charlottenian

Father time had a lot to do with Gross retiring. He has been hinting about retiring before Gman was even the GM.

He said the Panthers wanted him back but he was done at his retirement ceremony. It was reported Gman met with him twice trying to get him to stay. You don't meet with a guy twice you're trying to get rid of.

I'm not saying he would have wanted him gone this year, but what about at the end of the year?

Hurney is still to blame for the cap hell we are in and GMan is just doing what he has to do to fix it.

There are some sheeples who can't see this, however.

The same people who bitch about not having back to back winning seasons are now bitching about the team doing what it takes to achieve just that.

Really some of the kids here are showing their age, you think your favorite player is going to play forever?

Get over it kiddies all the greats have to go sometime...and now is the time as sad as it is so stop blaming people for what has to happen anyway.

This is why we do what we do for a living and do not work in the front office.. Getty was compared to the baby Jesus last week and today he sucks..   Why not relax and see how it plays out.. 

I know coming into last season I would have been surprised if we won 5 games and we see how that turned out.. Getty knows his stuff..  

#fugthebandwagon

Is the 12-4 season getting to him? I think Gross retirement was the way his contract was handled.... I suspect since there was no true cap savings on getting rid of our #1 receiver that this must have been a testosterone contest between the two and Gettie is going to release him.... He did well with the draft and brought in decent lower tier FAs but this offseason it appears near implosion.

Can anyone point to an article that discusses the cap savings by cutting Smith in 2014...I've only seen 2015 numbers which are skewed?

WHY THE fug IS STEWART STILL HERE

Been answered numerous times but here is what you wanna hear-

Because Gettleman is a dumbass that is intentionally trying to destroy the Panthers by awarding contracts and roster spots based on stationary bike performances! He has gone full retard! He is nowhere near as smart ass you and JR is a dumbass for hiring him!

Archived