• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens plan to aggressively pursue Steve Smith

SCPantherFan

As a diehard Panthers fan who lives in the Baltimore area, the Ravens would be my preferred location for Smitty after leaving Carolina.  Would/should be a great fit for him as he would work exclusively in the slot (which is what he supposedly wanted anyway).  More power to him and I hope the best.  Also gives me a reason to actually root for the local "home" team rather than have to listen to the locals chatter about how good their team is.

When was the last time Smitty went off on anybody really.  Last time he had 100 yards receiving was December of 2012.  Last time he had 150 yards?  October of 2011.  When was the last time he actually scored 2 TDs in a game?  September of 2011.

I love Smitty but lets be real here, he is not the threat he used to be in a while now.

I still think Smitty can contribute. It's been posted they never asked him to take a pay cut and sure maybe Smitty didn't like Shula (who the fug does) but DG rather see him leave and try and get a guy like Nicks. This may seriously come back to bite him in the ass, time will tell. Obviously I'm not hoping it does.

Basically I think Smitty can contribute more than Nicks and would've liked to see them just ask him to take a pay cut. But I'm a pretty big Smitty homer so it may affect my feelings towards this

Posted....or PUBLISHED via a reliable source? 

Unless my memory is clouded, the only thing PUBLISHED so far was via his agent stating that they never asked him to RESTRUCTURE.  Big difference. 

Archived