• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis not pleased with Carolina not signing Nicks

Car123

Montsta, I appreciate your take.

Some people are just better at practicing restraint.  I am not one of them.  I am pissed and I want everyone to know.  But, I always calm down after a fallout period.

Some might think it's whiny, I don't.  I'm telling it how I see it.  I'm living in the present, and presently, we suck ass as we have had key players cut, sign elsewhere, or retire from a 12-4 team.  So, we are no longer that team.  We are what we are presently.  I'm not saying we absolutely will suck when the season starts, but there is not a single bright spot right now in what's going on...  That can change, but I don't see us being able to fill all of the holes that have been created.

But, as anyone who has known me since I've been on this board (since 2004), nothing changes where my loyalties lie.  I'ma  Panther fan for life, so regardless of what happens, I'm gonna be here.  That doesn't mean I'm going to be touting sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns when it looks like nothing but poo is all over the windshield.

This has just been an unbelievably bad start to the 2014 league year.  Far worse than I could've imagined...  And thus, I'm going to express that until it changes.  But, right now, after today, I think I'm just going to go into chill mode for a bit posting-wise...  All we can do is sit and watch.

yes you are one of the most emotional posters on this forum...

we have to listen to you bitch every gameday whenever something bad happens "FIRE THIS PLAYER, FIRE THAT COACH" "FIRE EVERYBODY". it's exhausting and honestly spend your energy somewhere else if you get THIS upset about it where you constantly poo up threads.

I have no idea whats going to happen or who is gonna be on this roster by the time the season starts. This offseason is bewildering. I will wager to bet I am just as big of a Panther fan as you. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it until i see the entire roster formed and some preseason games. You are a GREAT poster, I usually enjoy your commentary whenever it is somewhat levelheaded but your bitchiness and over-the-top whining is beyond fuging annoying.

I've literally hated this place more than i've hate the "non-roster" moves the panthers have had the past 3 days because of the poo you and others have posted.

I'm sorry Proudiddy, just had to vent, like you.

Montsta, I appreciate your take.

Some people are just better at practicing restraint. I am not one of them. I am pissed and I want everyone to know. But, I always calm down after a fallout period.

Some might think it's whiny, I don't. I'm telling it how I see it. I'm living in the present, and presently, we suck ass as we have had key players cut, sign elsewhere, or retire from a 12-4 team. So, we are no longer that team. We are what we are presently. I'm not saying we absolutely will suck when the season starts, but there is not a single bright spot right now in what's going on... That can change, but I don't see us being able to fill all of the holes that have been created.

But, as anyone who has known me since I've been on this board (since 2004), nothing changes where my loyalties lie. I'ma Panther fan for life, so regardless of what happens, I'm gonna be here. That doesn't mean I'm going to be touting sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns when it looks like nothing but poo is all over the windshield.

This has just been an unbelievably bad start to the 2014 league year. Far worse than I could've imagined... And thus, I'm going to express that until it changes. But, right now, after today, I think I'm just going to go into chill mode for a bit posting-wise... All we can do is sit and watch.

I can respect this. We need fans of all kinds. That's what makes a "football forum".

we have to listen to you bitch every gameday whenever something bad happens "FIRE THIS PLAYER, FIRE THAT COACH" "FIRE EVERYBODY". it's exhausting and honestly spend your energy somewhere else if you get THIS upset about it where you constantly poo up threads.

I have no idea whats going to happen or who is gonna be on this roster by the time the season starts. This offseason is bewildering. I will wager to bet I am just as big of a Panther fan as you. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it until i see the entire roster formed and some preseason games. You are a GREAT poster, I usually enjoy your commentary whenever it is somewhat levelheaded but your bitchiness and over-the-top whining is beyond fuging annoying.

I've literally hated this place more than i've hate the "non-roster" moves the panthers have had the past 3 days because of the poo you and others have posted.

This off-season so far has been really bad thoe.

And for the record, even though SOME of you act like whiny children, I do respect your opinion that you think this team is headed in the wrong direction. That's a valid argument to have and I can respect it whether I agree with it or not.

What I take issue with is people claiming to be Panthers fans saying poo like;

Can we fire Gettleman and bring back Smitty?

I hope when we play Baltimore next year Smitty kicks our ass!

If we don't sign Hakeem Nicks, I am DONE with this sorry ass team!

Those people can go fug themselves and find another team to root for because y'all ain't poo as far as I'm concerned. I'm hearing about people giving up PSL's, staging protests outside of BOA, saying we better move up 25 spots at any cost to get Watkins. That is some off the wall retarded poo right there and you deserve every bit of ridicule coming your way. In fact, if you take offense to this post then good, that means it's aimed directly at you and for good reason.

If you are like Montsta is a dick but not offended, that's great. That means we have differing opinions and god bless you for it. That's why we are on a message board so we can talk about the Panthers not be a bunch of yes men and robots. I personally think that our team was in such bad shape cap wise, that in order to have a long term plan some poo has to go down. We have a very talented, very young defense for years. We will get some offensive peices to go along with our D. If you dont agree, let's discuss. But when people come into a thread like fug Gettleman and fug you if you blindly follow him derp derp that's just crazy talk.

Good take, dude.

Guest Dark Knight

We tagged the 3rd best player on the team, cut one washed up player, another one retired, 3 of our average players were overpaid, & we didn't spend all our cap space on an injury prone WR with desire questions.

WE'RE DOOMED!

I don't question anyone else's fandom unless they spout off like an idiot and say they are just going to pull for another team - theirs is revoked.  Also, you may be confusing me for someone else on the gameday stuff, or your joke detector is broken.

I have to say though, I find it hilarious that my "bitchiness and over-the-top-whining" has bothered, concerned, and annoyed you more than our horrible start to the offseason to the point that you just bitched and whined about my bitching and whining about the aforementioned issues concerning our football team.

So, see TRG, we all have our faults.  I bitch about our team, their lack of urgency and how it can potentially ruin my and thousands of other fans' experience, then you bitch about me bitching about the team and how it ruins your experience as a fan (which I find amusing, because it must be hard to not ever scroll down to the comments section on news sites).  What does it all mean?  The universe has this weird way of symbiotically balancing everything out.  Duly noted.

Yeah but he deserves it especially the level he is playing at. Players get paid for their talent and every talented player is getting paid so stop bitching about player getting paid . It's a fuging job that doesn't last forever and have to make it last thier lifetime.

i don't disagree about him earning it.

it's that fallicy that he took one for the team and took a paycut to stay here when that absolutely isn't true. if it weren't for the panthers believing in him and giving him another chance, he wouldn't have a job in the NFL (or at the very least a starting job) because it's highly unlikely that anyone would have given him the chance we did after 3 consecutive years with ACL tears on the same leg.

it's that fallicy that he took one for the team and took a paycut to stay here when that absolutely isn't true. if it weren't for the panthers believing in him and giving him another chance, he wouldn't have a job in the NFL (or at the very least a starting job) because it's highly unlikely that anyone would have given him the chance we did after 3 consecutive years with ACL tears on the same leg.

Is that a chance he would have received from Gettleman?

Time to move on from Smith and Nicks. Smith will be fine in Baltimore and will fit in with the vets....here he would have played with the rookies and even become more frustrated with our new offense. With the Ravens he will have some help and may have a productive twilight to his career.....best for him in hindsight.Nicks is a slacker and would have brought a bad attitude here.....wait till he starts whining in Indy because he isn't getting enough touches.

Sorry my aggression was against all the negativity towards other posters on the Huddle bitching about players and their money. Most of it is unwarranted, where talking about players who have short careers and basically have to support their family with contract money for their lifespan. I wonder how most would feel if their pay checks where cut in half. 

I don't question anyone else's fandom unless they spout off like an idiot and say they are just going to pull for another team - theirs is revoked.  Also, you may be confusing me for someone else on the gameday stuff, or your joke detector is broken.

I have to say though, I find it hilarious that my "bitchiness and over-the-top-whining" has bothered, concerned, and annoyed you more than our horrible start to the offseason to the point that you just bitched and whined about my bitching and whining about the aforementioned issues concerning our football team.

So, see TRG, we all have our faults.  I bitch about our team, their lack of urgency and how it can potentially ruin my and thousands of other fans' experience, then you bitch about me bitching about the team and how it ruins your experience as a fan (which I find amusing, because it must be hard to not ever scroll down to the comments section on news sites).  What does it all mean?  The universe has this weird way of symbiotically balancing everything out.  Duly noted.

PD, there's a fine line between 'emotional' and 'childish'.  I'd be willing to bet if you took a deep breath, took a step back and looked objectively at some of the stuff you've posted in the past few days, you might find you've crossed over that line a time or two.

Take a look again at what Monsta posted and what TRG said to you and really consider what they're saying.  And by all means, if you wanna make a criticism of what's going on, say so.  But do it with some perspective because it is only March and there's legitimately a whole lot of offseason between now and week one.. 

If you find you can't manage to say anything more mature and intelligent sounding than 'fug Gettleman' then maybe you should step back for a while until you can.  And that's advice I'd give to a lot of people right now; not just you (especially given Kurb's current mood).

You're certainly capable of better than that.  You wouldn't have gotten the task of modding the NBA stuff if you weren't.

I'd like to see you get back to it.

see i was using hyperbole.

kind of ironic huh?

Archived