• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Jones speaks about Panthers

SgtJoo

Everyone is assuming Jones will get big money. I don't see it. We could probably have him for what the Pats signed LaFell for.

Not many get 'big money' in week two of free agency.

It was already said that we were 'lurking' on him anyway, so this could be mutual interest.

Mark my words, he'll get around the same as LaFell did from N.E. We're not talking about Megatron here.

which I would absolutely be okay with. Lock him up for the next couple/few years, and we'll have at worst a solid #2.

James Jones is not coming to Carolina. Anyone who watched free agency every offseason would know this. His agent is using the Panthers as leverage to get a better deal elsewhere or in hopes of getting a little more money from the Packers to resign.

Now Cotchery is a possibility, but the Panthers will need to overpay for his services. Cotchery is aging and not worth much anyway. He would have been lucky to beat out McNutt for the 5th spot last season. I get the sense that Cotchery is fishing for money, but what the Panthers will offer with the situation and money wise I see him going back to the Steelers as they match any offer the Panthers are capable of putting on the table

Panthers best situation right now is to draft a combo of 4 receivers/tight ends with the depth in the draft and hope 2 of them show up big.

We don't have the money to give Jones a "patriots contract" for LaFell. We just don't have the cap space. Don't get your hopes up and don't get pissed when you know from the get-go that we don't have the cap space.

If Cotchery won't take a minimal contract, we won't have him either.

Whomever Cam is comfortable with are the guys I want on the roster. No divas, no entitled-me-first WRs. I'd be happy with getting a couple high-round rookie WRs so we can start fresh from day one, without the baggage and entitlement.

Don't get your hopes up and don't be pissed because I told you so.

Archived