• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty venting on Twitter

Darth Biscuit

He's not trash and it's sad but this is a business and our offense was stagnant and filled with vanilla playmakers. Woulda been nice to have Smitty as a #2 possession receiver but only if he would have shredded his old contract and taken a new one like what Cotchery's. Sigh

I'm sure he is upset, but all this trash talk is a major reason why he was released.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. It's an old adage, and he's just as much in the wrong as anybody else in this fiasco.

There is no "if only" he was never offered a chance to shred his contract.

all I'm saying is, if you end up at 5-11 come dec you won't matter to anyone but yourselves. I'm sure you'll continue sucking mama Gettleman's boob believing she knows best & that's perfectly fine w/ me. But others may not be so passive.

If we end of 5-11 it won't be because we didn't have smith. But of course people on here will say otherwise

1. Gman ended up doing 89 a favor by releasing him when he did. No other roster bonuses were to be paid and some GMs would have waited until after the draft to cut him. Smitty's reaction to that would have gone viral.

1. Cotchery's signing was intended to replace Smith's veteran presence all along. In a Sirius interview he said that Gman contacted him on the opening day of FA and would have signed earlier except he was on vacation all week. He wants to mentor the young WRs , which 89 never wanted.

If we end of 5-11 it won't be because we didn't have smith. But of course people on here will say otherwise

wont be able to convince me that isnt a huge prt of the reason. Not only because his leadership will be missing but I'm just not sure any of the new wrs will mesh w/ Cam right away. It's not just a matter of oh Smitty's gone so were gonna be poo now. But why go 12-4 & then make a big change like taking away one of the key pieces to that winning season and then expect to win again right away. I just don't see it happening.

wont be able to convince me that isnt a huge prt of the reason. Not only because his leadership will be missing but I'm just not sure any of the new wrs will mesh w/ Cam right away. It's not just a matter of oh Smitty's gone so were gonna be poo now. But why go 12-4 & then make a big change like taking away one of the key pieces to that winning season and then expect to win again right away. I just don't see it happening.

645 yards and 4 touchdowns from our #1 wr...how will we ever replace him?????? I'm scared!!!!! We're screwed!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyy what will we do????

Lmao don't get cute, I would never do such a thing. I have accepted Smitty is no longer here, I'm just tired of you spreading your speculation to the masses and them accepting it as gospel without any real facts or incidents to back it up that he was a bad teammate.  You have still yet to give any real proof and someone had to call you out for it, and I'm that someone

Go ahead I'm still waiting

Yeah, Zod does throw his two cents in here and there in regards to Smitty's character bearing some fault.  People have to know that for every person that tries to get in a jibe about Smitty---particularly without substantiation or making reference to years-old past behavior---there is someone who is going to feel compelled to call them on their bullshit---err, come to Smitty's defense.  That's just the way it is.  

At this point we would probably all be better served just not to start threads pertaining to his firing anymore. If I made the pledge, we can all do it. I have seen several things pertaining to Smitty's firing in the last couple of days that i could have started a thread about, but now it's time to look towards the future.

Let Smitty work this out himself.  If you want to support him, then do it on twitter or wherever, If you have the guts to speak to his character for the last few years, then use the same mediums.  If you want to deride his accomplishments, do it in private because we will find you.

Smitty is allowed to vent after all he's given to this organization. He should of been able to retire a Panther. He did the prudent thing deleting the tweet though. I feel him though. Good luck Smitty. Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived