• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers wave Travis Bond and sign the Big Maple Leaf

SCP

They did say he has quick feet and obviously he has incredible measurables but he's so raw he has no chance of starting this year

If he starts this year then we are in trouble IMO

Anyone know how many people we're at altogether? We're able to bring 90 into camp I believe are we at that number yet?

We signed two and cut three so we are at 89... By god that's Steve Smith's number... It's like a bad Jim Carrey horror flick!

Thanks for your 7 months with the Panthers, Travis “Tree Top” Bond!

His favorite team was always the Panthers. He was one of the top recruits out of NC, played in every game during his 4 years at UNC and was named honorable mention All-ACC. He started 29 games for UNC, 25 at RG. His UNC bio states: "If he could play for any NFL team, it would be the Panthers"

Bond:

"When I first came to the Panthers, I was thinking I'd be playing guard. But the first day that I came to practice, they tell me, ‘You're playing left tackle.' It was an eye-opener, but the veterans told me that when you come into the NFL, you don't really have a position. You have to be open-minded so that you can go in anywhere.

"Wherever they want me to play, I'm willing to play. I just love playing on the offensive line. That's my calling."

"My mindset now is to show the coaches that I'm ready, that I can be that guy they can call on when the time comes for the first game in September," Bond said. "I want to hear them say, ‘Travis, you're up. It's time to play ball.'

"My mindset is to attack every day with all I've got."

I'm assuming Bond is either injured, severely out of playing shape, or has failed to progress since end of workouts last year. He may just be an oversized guard(too tall at 6'7") and lacking the skills to play T

That canadian Foucalt is bigger isn't he at 6'8 right? Isn't foucalt supposed to be a potential depth piece at LT? Was it really because of his size that they cut him when they signed foucalt the same day?

Signing two (and one being a punter) and cutting three makes me wonder if we're looking at someone else outside of our camp with a newly - opened roster spot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Could be another one of the tryout players.

Could be another one of the tryout players.

I actually came back to post that I may have found it.

@DTODD5

LB Billy Boyko just signed a two year deal with the Carolina Panthers...this guy just never stopped working hard after the Raiders Cut him!!

That's Todd Williams, per his website he's Boyko's agent. Boyko was indeed one of our tryouts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

That canadian Foucalt is bigger isn't he at 6'8 right? Isn't foucalt supposed to be a potential depth piece at LT? Was it really because of his size that they cut him when they signed foucalt the same day?

Foucault simply may project better at T than Bond. 6'7 is too tall to play G. Bond played his best ball at UNC at RG, and he assumed that would be his position for the Panthers. Seems we gave him a look at tackle and either didn't like what we saw or he was injuries.

Archived