• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Williams Catching On

Jeremy Igo

I rewatched a game here a while back and B-Will stood out to me with his blocking.  He took a couple of snaps, solely blocking, but he actually did a damn good job.  I was under the impression that blocking was his weak point last offseason... so maybe he really came on throughout the season during practices, but the coaches just didn't want to put him out there yet being unproven and all, and the fact we were winning a lot of games.

I really think Cam's stable of weapons is going to be impressive. Williams has huge potential and I think we will see good things from him. The more the media talks about how crappy our receivers are, the better they will respond. They aren't flashy, but I would much rather have substance over style.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I see you have met the wife. lol

If BWill can help, it just makes us better. You almost have to root for the kid. Stories like his are what make the game so compelling. Great to see him put in the work, and getting the help he needs to do it right. Man, I love the direction this team is headed.

I'm really interested to see how he does at inline blocking in the preseason.  I think that's the best way for him to set himself apart from the pack and earn some meaningful snaps.

That is one thing you can take to the bank with this team. If you are going to see the field, you had better be able to block.

Unless you are Olsen. Then you just have to get in the way. But he does make up for it in other ways. Mostly, being Cam's security blanket.

• Pie 1

That is one thing you can take to the bank with this team. If you are going to see the field, you had better be able to block.

Unless you are Olsen. Then you just have to get in the way. But he does make up for it in other ways. Mostly, being Cam's security blanket.

Agreed.  I think Olsen being almost exclusively a pass catcher makes it that much more important that the #2 can dominate in the run game.  Honestly, I would put run blocking ahead of pass blocked for the #2.  If B Williams can become a solid blocker then he could end up being a dual threat guy that can be groomed to take over the #1 spot in the future.

Agreed.  I think Olsen being almost exclusively a pass catcher makes it that much more important that the #2 can dominate in the run game.  Honestly, I would put run blocking ahead of pass blocked for the #2.  If B Williams can become a solid blocker then he could end up being a dual threat guy that can be groomed to take over the #1 spot in the future.

Yupperz. That is why Harstock got most of the snaps last year. His blocking. He sure didn't catch many passes. So if BWill can get the blocking down, he may get plenty of opportunities to catch the ball.

Then again, the more he does offensively. The less he may do on Special Teams. Or not. Rivera loves him some Special Teams. Hellz, I don't know. Either way, I am pulling for the guy.

Boys....just imagine if he DOES pan out and is a hell of a pass catcher with bodies on him. Think about our redzone personnel.

Brandon Williams, Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen, Tolbert, Stew.

Tell me we're not scoring. I dare you.

You forgot the world's greatest goal line back: Cam.

• Pie 2