• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Proudiddy

Please God say no to Hayward. Only reason his ppg and stats went up was because the Jazz sucked this past year. Notice how his actual shooting percentage dropped. Also his 3 ball seemed to dissapear. Don't know if he try ed to change his form or what but it showed.

Gordon is nowhere near a max player. Stop that lmao

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

He's not, but he'll get it. There's a reason he turned down a 12m per season offer and that's because he knows some one will offer him 14-15 a season.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Just because we have cap space doesn't mean we are/should gonna blow it all in one year. Payroll flexibility is a luxury few teams have and just about every team needs. Honestly, I'd say through a few one year deals to veteran players (Paul Pierce) and then next year we will have around the same amount of cap space we do now. Of course, if you can get a Carmelo or Lebron this year (which won't happen) then go for it.

Toronto has traded John Salmons to Atlanta for Lou Williams and Bebe Nugiera, source tells Yahoo.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)

June 30, 2014

Move clears cap space for Hawks, who could waive Salmons and his partial guarantee for season.

June 30, 2014

Salmons has a valuable contract, because his $7M is a team option for 2014-'14 season. He gives Hawks further ability to clear space.

June 30, 2014

One strong candidate for that $15M-plus of fresh salary cap space in Atlanta, league sources tell Yahoo: Free agent forward Luol Deng.

June 30, 2014

hmm. After those Hayward-Jazz reports plus the whole max situation, I don't see him coming here.

For a backup PG, I like Greivis Vasquez. Would fill in nicely for Kemba.

Parsons is intriguing elsewhere but he's staying in Houston like Young will stay in LA.

Also, I have a funny feeling about Lance Stephenson.

I just hope we're patient, smart, but still in that win-now mentality.

Projected Charlotte Hornets (2nd in the east)

PG: Kemba Walker /Kyle Lowry / Gary Neal
SG: Lance Stephenson or Rodney Stuckey/ P.J. Hairston / (Gerald Henderson) Trade or release 
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Jeff Taylor
PF: Pau Gasol  Noah Vonleh / Cody Zeller
C: Al Jefferson / Bismack Biyombo

I also think Deng and Hayward and Redick would be good fits for the Hornets also. 

Archived