• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As I sit and ponder the merits of Nate Chandler

SCP

Joe Thomas so far has been elected to the pro-bowl 7 times and has been an All-Pro for 4 of those years. He played defensive end in high school and was extremely successful .  His senior year he had 85 tackles and 12 sacks. So it wasn't that he just played there but was the Wisconsin player of the year at DE his senior year. For the Wisconsin Badgers he played blocking tight end as a true freshmen before going to offensive tackle his sophomore year.  He played defensive end in college at the Capital One Bowl due to injuries to other players for one game his junior year.  Unfortunately he tore his ACL that game.  I guess it was good for the Badgers in a way because he returned for his senior year due to the injury.

Sure he was an offensive tackle for most of his college career but it shows that often players at various positions have the skill sets to move around, they just need practice at their position. 

Rayfield Wright for the Cowboys was another one.  He played from 1967 to 1980.  He was a 6 time pro-bowler and 4 time first team All-pro.  His was drafted in 1967 as a tight end and spent his first 3 years as a tight end, defensive linemen and offensive tackle.  He was 6'7" and 225 lbs as a rookie.  His first start was against Deacon Jones and he did so well he became the starter in 1970 at right tackle.  At the time he played, the right tackle was usually lined up against the best pass rusher unlike today where it is the left tackle.  He was inducted in the Hall of Fame in 2006.

chandler spent his early years of college as a TE/OL. he was moved to the Dline his final year out of need. he has knowledge/ exp on O. and now has a year under under his belt as a Olineman, in the pros. IMO he has the talent to play the position.

chandler spent his early years of college as a TE/OL. he was moved to the Dline his final year out of need. he has knowledge/ exp on O. and now has a year under under his belt as a Olineman, in the pros. IMO he has the talent to play the position.

I'm trying to get onboard and there are several case studies to prove it can be done. Jason Peters and the two P55 mentioned are a start.

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

Rayfield Wright for the Cowboys was another one.  He played from 1967 to 1980.  He was a 6 time pro-bowler and 4 time first team All-pro.  His was drafted in 1967 as a tight end and spent his first 3 years as a tight end, defensive linemen and offensive tackle.  He was 6'7" and 225 lbs as a rookie.  His first start was against Deacon Jones and he did so well he became the starter in 1970 at right tackle.  At the time he played, the right tackle was usually lined up against the best pass rusher unlike today where it is the left tackle.  He was inducted in the Hall of Fame in 2006.

Loved his speech at his Hall of Fame induction.

He started off saying "To begin, I'm gonna answer the question Deacon Jones asked me before my first ever play in the NFL.  Yes, my momma does know I'm here." :lol:

Archived