• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lance Stephenson signing and it's big picture impact

I know this is the football forum but I think this news and signing has a bigger picture impact than some people may think...The Queen City is an amazing destination but not exactly a large market, with Cam emerging as an icon in a positive light and now a big name NBA player coming to CLT I think this will have a big impact on future FA signings in both sports when we get out of cap hell, and help to make CLT a more desirable location for big name athletes! People want to come play and be surrounded by other big name athletes! Granted this is only the beginning, we haven't even scratched the surface but I feel this is a huge step in the right direction for CLT area sports as a whole! Success breeds success! I for one am excited about the future of both our franchises!!!

Isn't there a lot of concerns regarding Stephenson that limited the interest he drew from other teams? 

Plus, while it's definitely a nice signing by the Hornets, Stephenson is a career 9 and 4 guy.  This past season was the first season he's ever averaged double digit points.  I think you're overstating the importance of this signing in terms of it altering the landscape in Charlotte.  They didn't exactly sign Lebron.  He's not a superstar, he's a nice complimentary player who I'm sure the Hornets are hoping can become more than that. 

Isn't there a lot of concerns regarding Stephenson that limited the interest he drew from other teams?

Plus, while it's definitely a nice signing by the Hornets, Stephenson is a career 9 and 4 guy. This past season was the first season he's ever averaged double digit points. I think you're overstating the importance of this signing in terms of it altering the landscape in Charlotte. They didn't exactly sign Lebron. He's not a superstar, he's a nice complimentary player who I'm sure the Hornets are hoping can become more than that.

I'm not lumping him into the superstar category but there's no denying he's a big name signing, he wants to be an all star and has the ability to, it's only the beginning like I said it's a step in the right direction, I feel it will only benefit the area as a whole

Like it or not we are in the age of social media and marketing...we need to land players and names in both sports that we can market to compete with big markets city's...this isn't the 60s and 70s you need big names to attract other big names to the city as a whole....look at Cleveland, if you honestly think that Johnny football and the browns as a whole taking the right steps didn't make Cleveland a more attractive location for Lebron than you don't understand today's culture and mentality surrounding sports and marketing

Archived