• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King (Cam hater) will be coming to practice

Blackmagic

Say what you want about King, but he has huge respect and clout in the NFL. The Panthers bent over backwards to accommodate him yesterday. He had a private audience with Gettleman all practice long where no media was allowed to stand and King's photographer was allowed to roam wherever he wanted. King has earned his respect over the decades. I know, its not popular not to bash him, but those are my thoughts.

King posted an article about Jordan Gross over night. Comes to Panther training camp, writes about a retired player.

Seriously, fug that guy.

Not one mention of the reigning defensive player of the year. Maybe one mention of Cam?

He used to be a great writer but he's nothing but a fugging hack now. Same boat as Rick Reilly.

Say what you want about King, but he has huge respect and clout in the NFL. The Panthers bent over backwards to accommodate him yesterday. He had a private audience with Gettleman all practice long where no media was allowed to stand and King's photographer was allowed to roam wherever he wanted. King has earned his respect over the decades. I know, its not popular not to bash him, but those are my thoughts.

Boo this man

He built his career over several decades and became a "made man". Now he blathers about coffee and his personal life. Nobody should read a Peter King article to hear about Peter King. He's acted petty about Cam Newton. Still, I don't read Dameshek articles. I don't read Schein articles. I do read PK because when he talks, NFL fans listen.

The Panthers kiss his ass in hopes he will give them good press. He reaches more readers than any local writer.

King: so hey cam, what do you think will it take to get further this year than the panthers did in 2013?

Cam: well at the very least I'm going to need to limit my own mistakes, and when I do make mistakes, learn how to overcome them during a game.

*later*

ESPN: "NEWTON SAYS HE'S THE ONLY ONE TRYING TO MAKE PROGRESS ON THE TEAM, ADMITS HITLER WAS HIS CHILDHOOD HERO" - by Peter King

i don't respect anyone that is in his 50s trying to sabotage a 21 year old kids career the way he did.

if it was any other job field people would be screaming that this man is scum.

the amount of scrutiny and public disdain that is created for some of these players to have to deal with, whether justified or not, would make me throw up and curl up into the fetal position if it were me.

King: so hey cam, what do you think will it take to get further this year than the panthers did in 2013?

Cam: well at the very least I'm going to need to limit my own mistakes, and when I do make mistakes, learn how to overcome them during a game.

*later*

ESPN: "NEWTON SAYS HE'S THE ONLY ONE TRYING TO MAKE PROGRESS ON THE TEAM, ADMITS HITLER WAS HIS CHILDHOOD HERO" - by Peter King

I saw that article. But you missed out some key parts where Cam pulled a gun and robbed him. Then took his wife out to a lovely dinner

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

King has a lot of readers and has been in the business forever... doesn't change the fact that he's a dick.  I thought that long before the deal with Cam.

I think the notion that King hates Newton and/or the Panthers is hugely overblown.

That said, yeah he's kind of a dick.

Being a dick doesn't necessarily make you lousy at your job.  It just makes you a dick, and thus makes people dislike you.

I think the notion that King hates Newton and/or the Panthers is hugely overblown.

That said, yeah he's kind of a dick.

Being a dick doesn't necessarily make you lousy at your job.  It just makes you a dick, and thus makes people dislike you.

Probably... we're mostly homers on here and it's easy to hate King just for the Cam deal.  In reality it probably wasn't that different than things he's said about other players on other teams, but not OUR player.

He is a dick tho.

Probably... we're mostly homers on here and it's easy to hate King just for the Cam deal.  In reality it probably wasn't that different than things he's said about other players on other teams, but not OUR player.

He is a dick tho.

When I think of King, the first thing that comes into my mind is the years he spent arguing to keep Art Monk out of the Hall of Fame.

Archived