• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wide Receiver Projections - Week 1

Jeremy Igo

I think we'll miss his heart/passion

To be fair, it came with a downside.

You know that friend you really like a lot but who you have to walk on eggshells around because he's known to go off at the drop of a hat over the slightest thing?  Yeah, you like him and enjoy hanging around with him, but sometimes you're not exactly all that sad to say goodbye to him, maybe even a little relieved if you got by without some kind of blowup.

That's Smitty.  He was always a double-edged sword, and given his diminishing skills, the trade off is pretty even.

There's 2 ways to look at it

1. Like you said, situationally we have to be better.

2. Also, our WR's need to make plays throughout the game so we aren't put into situations like that. That first Seattle game, Ginn was the only wide out to register a catch and he only had 1.

Against quite possibly the greatest secondary of all time. I'm not saying that's not bad. But these defenses are elite for a reason.

And notice we wiped out our entire wr corp in the offseason. But we were still in that game until the very end. Offensively we found a way to put ourselves on a position to win. Not many teams did that against the Seahawks offensively

What I'm saying is there are not many wr in the league that can do anything against that Seahawks secondary. That takes a unique individual a la megatron, aj green Brandon Marshall.

We may have found one in kb but who knows. How you best teams like that is having an equally punishing defense and pick and choose your spots because you make a mistake against that team it's game over

Steve Smith had 6 catches on 7 targets and a TD against Seattle... what are y'all talking about Ginn was the only WR with a catch?  But yeah, other than Smitty and Ginn (who only had 1 catch like was mentioned) no other WR had a catch.

Olsen had an uncharacteristically terrible game against Seattle.  Dude was getting open and Cam was sending dimes his way and he kept dropping the ball over and over.  Man I remember being so mad about that.  Other than Deangelo's fumble and that dumbazz TO on special teams... Olsen's drops were really the difference in that game.  Cam was rather fuging sharp that day despite the statline.

Archived