• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony stewart may have killed a guy...

I'll paste my reply from another message board into this thread. For those not sure of how these cars work, it may seem much different than what may have happened.

I'll comment for others not sure of how these cars react on dirt.

They are designed to be pitched and rotated with the throttle and thus the suspension reacts very differently than that of a natural car. You hit the throttle, and the attitude of the car assumes a desired position almost naturally.. just with the spring setup.

The victim, in a stupid fit of rage, ran down into the path of race cars traveling on dirt, still going a decent speed. The car just prior to Tony's has to maneuver around the victim. Tony is in line of where the previous car was running.

Tony sees victim and steers left and throttles to miss him. The car takes it's natural path and kicks the right rear tire out, striking the victim.

There are two types of drivers out there. The type who drive 'through' danger and those who slow down and process it differently. It appears Tony had a throttle reflex and it may or may not have meant a difference in the outcome.

Let's keep blame open until further news arrives.

I'll paste my reply from another message board into this thread. For those not sure of how these cars work, it may seem much different than what may have happened.

Let's keep blame open until further news arrives.

Yeah I keep reading that the car in front of Stewart had to veer out of his way. I'm sure more video and facts will come out but if i had to guess it was not intentional.

Archived