• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Patriots Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

I will be on a plane heading to Boston first thing in the morning, won't have time to post this then. As such, here is your gameday thread!

Who: Carolina Panthers at New England Patriots

Where: Gillette Stadium,  Foxboro, MA

When: Friday 7:30pm

The Huddle Chatroom will be online.

Follow @CarolinaHuddle for pregame tweets and tweets from the sidelines during the game.

Players to Watch:

Cam Newton - Ron Rivera has said he will play a full half. How will his ankle hold up?

Offensive Line - Chandler and Turner are out. Garry Williams and Chris Scott fill in. Expect a heavy dose of running all night long.

Reaves vs Whitaker - Which running back will claim a roster spot? I wouldn't mind the Panthers sitting Williams and Stewart the entire game, just let the young guys compete for the job.

Bene Benwikere - Bene got lead nickel snaps in practice, has Godfrey been supplanted?

I will have my usual exclusive photos and observations this weekend and on Monday.

Has Zod traveled to away games in the past ?  I know he has to Tampa and I think the Falcons but dont remember him doing others.

I'm on my way to lunch yesterday and this car is right in front of me, I'm like WTF?

so I take a picture

20140801_104552.jpg

what in the actual fug?

I have a feeling our offense is going to be a mess this season. 

i honestly stopped reading your comment after this sentence. it has become more and more obvious to me that you are one of the most uninformed Panthers fans on this forum. you spit the media line every time you post. every single one of your comments is negative. and every single time, you vomit up ignorant, inaccurate information about this team. 

just to answer your idiocy, have you even watched the preseason games? have you even followed training camp? the only phase of play that this team is underperforming in is special teams. our defense has been stout even with the loss of dear Mitchell, Munnerlyn, Mikell, and Florence. our offensive line has actually played fairly well, considering how everyone thought they would play (and this against two stout DLs in Buffalo and KC). our secondary, while it struggled against Buffalo, actually played well versus a stronger KC offense. and our offense, while it looked rusty the first two series with Cam, rebounded to score two touchdowns against that same stout KC defense. I suppose our defense will get its best test yet tonight, but i expect a similar outcome to last year's matchup against the Pats. 

CharlottePanther, your negativity is stale. so stale it smells like a rotting corpse. you need to check your facts before you decide to post. and i would start by... i dunno... actually watching your favorite team's games. i think if you started there, your posts might actually sound intelligent and tolerable. Its one thing to discuss a team's weaknesses. its quite another to completely ignore all the positives and talent in this team, just so you can be a fuggin pessimist. i hear you got banned for a while, or you willingly left the Huddle or something. idk about how the mods feel, but nothing you post has anything to add to our conversations here. if you want to be an ignorant pessimist panther fan, then go do it somewhere else than the Huddle.

To be fair, at least Charlotte Panther is consistent.

Some fans like to be negative before a game or a season, it makes them feel better for some reason.  I think before every season and practically every big game CP can be counted on to pull his own ice-bucket challenge.  Every time.

Personally I believe the reason people are negative is to thump their chest and say "I was right" after the game.   Whatever floats your boat but even if we do come away with an "L" I don't care as long as I see the team work together and improve.

Oh, and I want Brady sacked early and often.

I went to b-dubs and watched the game. Mitchell did what he was supposed to and laid some wood with his hits. I was surprised.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Are you sure you watched the right guy? He tried to knock a TE, and got trucked. Hit a RB, and the back bounced off and kept going. Miss-played a screen. He did knock down a pass, but that was the only play I saw him make.

I was watching to see how he did. It may have been just one of those games for him, but he did not look good.

This game will tell us how good we'll be this season. The first two games have been questionable. Good but not good enough. EJ and Alex pretty much picked our defense apart through the air.

Last year, we dominated a very good Ravens team in the preseason and that proved to be the result we had in 2013. Im looking for us to dominate tonight!!!

Archived