• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A closer look at Bersin preseason stats

Jeremy Igo

Kinda hard to project how well he's doing considering it's been against a lot of guys who probably won't have jobs in the next few days. That being said he has looked great against said scrubs, so I'm with others here that is like to see him get a chance against some better competition against Pitt. I would imagine he's gonna make the final squad this year...I think he owes a lot to Proel. Guy is a helluva WR coach.

Kinda hard to project how well he's doing considering it's been against a lot of guys who probably won't have jobs in the next few days

Not entirely true.

This is him against the Pats second string safety, a 5 year vet.

Panthers-Pats-40.jpg

Bersin has not only been playing against practice squad defenders.

Bersin is a deceivingly big guy. Listed at approx 6'3" 207. On tv he looks like he weighs about 180-190

That makes him about the same size as Moose.

How has he looked blocking wise? That will ultimately be a huge big factor in how much he sees the field this year.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Interestingly enough, on the Panthers.com Depth chart, he's the #3. I am not sure I am reading it incorrectly though, I could be.

I wouldn't read to much into that as it isn't the official depth by the coaching staff. We will get an official

Depth chart before Tampa obviously.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

The last two game he was targeted 4 times. All 4 were receptions.

This.

When we needed WR help the most, Bersin and King step up big time.  I am not worried about Avant and Cotchery, but they were, are, and will be #3 WRs. 

I still want to see Bersin in games vs. the ones, but I am satisfied with what I have seen. Hats off to him for defying the odds.

Archived