• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

mccoy on newton - "any shot i can get on him, i'm going to take"

espn...

"Cam Newton is Cam Newton," Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said. "He's a two-time Pro Bowler, Rookie of the Year and all that jazz. We're still facing the division champs. Until somebody takes that from them, that's who they are. That team runs as he runs. We're preparing for Cam Newton. We don't care about the rib or the back or whatever it is. We're just preparing for him as if he's 100 percent."

Newton is expected to play with padding covering the rib and the Bucs aren't planning to go easy on him.

"Any shot I can get on him, I'm going to take," McCoy said. "But that's any quarterback, any running back. You get a hit on them and after a while they're going to get tired of getting hit."

I would expect that from an opposing defense.  They may not run their mouth to the media, but do you think Luke or TD say to themselves, "I'm gonna take it easy on (insert player name here) today."  Making an offensive player think about getting hit is a win for the defense.  The OL and RB's need to protect the QB in passing siturations and Cam's gotta slide this week.

Archived