• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Panthers Fan’s Streak, and How You Can Help Keep It Alive

boo7382

1st world problems smh

I'll pass 

this is the only philosophical issue i have with it. dude is facing which incredible luxury to afford while people are being born, living short, brutish lives, and dying on the same sidewalk in india. i'm not judging by any means and i'd love to see this dude keep his streak going… i'd just personally have a tough time donating to that over other, more urgent.

cool of voth and boo to promote this though, and i hope he gets his wishes.

You're just sounding stupid. No body claimed to donate much or set up a page for it. Just stating how silly this is if you use your brain and look at the bigger picture; the money could be used for a better cause. You know he's right, I completely agree with him. If I had extra money to donate I have no idea why I wouldn't give to children or needy rather than someone's vacation who lived a full life. You're not even paying for it, you're paying for him to change his plans. Kind of ridiculous I think. He doesn't have much time left and maybe missing one game to spend some time and an unforgettable experience with a loved one is something he really needs to understand. Cancer at age 70 is not a tearjerker for me, it happens to everyone. It's sad yes, but not a tragedy and there are far better causes for people's money. You don't need to set up some foundation, or crowd page to prove anything just give your money to a better, more logical cause.

The words sound harsh but the truth, and real tragedies, are much more important.

wow guys. I've lost a lot of respect for some people on this board, not that there shouldn't have been given very much to begin with, but wow. no need to come in here and insult my intelligence because you don't agree what I have to say. Take all that energy you just put into your insulting post to me and put it towards something good- maybe you could make someone's day instead of sitting here spouting negativity towards Bill Voth who obviously felt very strongly about it. 

guess you're right- cancer at 70 means nothing- he's lived his life, how dare me step up to be a decent human being a donate a few bucks to a guy that otherwise would have gone to something personal for me like clothes or a beer at a game. I'm a terrible person for that. I should really be ashamed. and you're right, we aren't even paying for it, we're helping to pay for the difference, right? 

The OP wanted to help out a fellow fan and people poo on it?  Speak with your wallets and DON'T contribute then.  You can argue if he deserves it or not.  Maybe he's on a fixed income WHILE facing death and needs a bit more help.  People can travel to the Caribbean to celebrate what could be a LAST wedding anniversary and still be short on cash.  Should we examine his life and say well you didn't invest this here or save there and that's why you are where you are, unable to pay for a travel change.  Voth and Boo felt it was a good cause and that's enough for them.  We are in no place to judge it.  It doesn't accomplish anything.

TL;DR - Donate if you want, but don't dump on the guy or those helping.  If you have the desire to help others out (eg: needy kids) receive the money that this guy might get instead, start a fundraiser yourself and hope people don't crap on yours because it lacks merit.

basically this is all I was trying to say. Put it out there, something nice Bill did, I thought I would support him and I also promised him I would post a thread on the huddle to get the word out in case anyone else felt inclined to do so. 

Never said you had to do it, and I never asked for anyone's negative input on it either. Just a message board where we post information regarding the Panthers and this has a lot to do with the team.

This guy has a point, you have no idea what's going on his life and you have not walked in his shoes. My uncle passed away from ALS and they were fine and dandy financially. That doesn't mean I'm not still rabid about raising money for the cause and finding a cure.That doesn't mean I wouldn't take money out of my pocket to give to every single family I've ever come across suffering from ALS, I don't care if you're 35 or 75.

Everyone has something that is dear to their heart. Some are children's causes, some are military support groups, some are different types of cancer, some are animal rights groups. Every one has different things that touch their hearts in different ways. This really touched my heart, enough to where I felt some of my hard earned money deserved to help this man go on his trip. If you don't agree with that- not my fuging problem.

Now go out and make someone's day positively you jackasses! ;)

style_weeklyaffirmation_30.jpg

Wow u guys are idiots.

The dude probably only has a couple years left and this how u act??

I guess some of u cannot read? It clearly explained why they chose the flight they did.

The fact that he has cancer is horrible but I just feel like the article would have been better if the man asked for the donations to go to cancer research rather than it going towards a vacation. It's basically make a wish foundation for an older man. Not hating I'm just suprised this got exposure over countless other cases such as a Panther fan that never went to a game. But I digress because no charity is bad charity.

I have the utmost sympathy  for this unfortunate  man that has  cancer but I don't feel led to give him money to continue his game attending streak to a football game,one  that will surely end at some point.  Not making light of his illness but I feel sure there are many loyal,diehard Panther fans out there in bad situations,,for one reason or another, that would love to attend a Panthers game,may even be their first game,but circumstances dictate otherwise.

Guys I go on vacation every November flying 1st class and staying at a 5 star hotel but due to budget constraints this year I'm having to fly coach and stay at a 4 star hotel instead. Send me money to make up the difference so I can keep my streak alive.

Hmmmmm!!!! That certainly sounds legit. Please send me your mailing address, in a private message and I will sent you a blank check,one you can fill out to cover all expenses. :)

Archived