• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you collect?

Brooklyn Bully

I was a huge sports cards kid, and started picking up random packs or eBay cards a few years ago. Hate myself after buying them now (except a few of them), but it's the nostalgia that gets me I think. Autographed jerseys/helmets/footballs are the main thing now to decorate my man-cave. Once I actually get a man-cave.

_ The Subway thing is interesting. 

- Loved the Jim Abbott collection also. Brings back great baseball memories as a kid. 

As I kid I collected baseball cards and comics but not comic books (I hated comic books). I would take the Sunday paper every weekend and cut out my top 5 favorite comics and pasted them in a book. My mom still had that thing and there were hundreds of them. Apparently I was partial to Calvin and Hobbes.

In my adult life I collect(ed) a wide variety of sports memorabilia. Mostly stuff from Philly but also a lot of unique things from all cities and all sports. Lot's of Mike Tyson stuff also. 

I have jerseys from tons of NFL teams but not real popular players it's more like Akili Smith, Brian Bosworth, Jim Plunkett, Andre Rison, etc. . I displayed all that stuff in my garage and in display cases but got divorced and now they sit in boxes in storage. I really need to sell that stuff off but my son wants me to hang on to most of it.   

I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this, but I keep a hotel room key from every place I travel to.  If I don't stay at a hotel, I'll keep a train or subway ticket.  When I get back home, I write the date, where it was, and what I did/why I was there.

I also keep every ticket stub from anything I go to.  Hell, I think I have one from the symphony when I had to attend for a college class.

Archived