• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cincinnati Bungles week

SCP

Cinncinatti Chile, for the record, is horrible. It's like some drunken idiot didn't have all of the ingredients to make REAL chili so he just started throwing in whatever crap he had in his pantry. People in south Ohio too lazy to correct the guy's mistake. 

it's cinnamon BTW not coacoa powder. 

Cinncinatti Chile, for the record, is horrible. It's like some drunken idiot didn't have all of the ingredients to make REAL chili so he just started throwing in whatever crap he had in his pantry. People in south Ohio too lazy to correct the guy's mistake. 

well, its cinnamon, cocoa powder, nutmeg and allspice.  if done correctly, it can be fair but it's hard to find.

well, its cinnamon, cocoa powder, nutmeg and allspice.  if done correctly, it can be fair but it's hard to find.

My friend tried making it a couple times last year. He's a decent home cook. I thought it was kinda shitty for chili and he's the only person who likes it. I got it from Lupie's in Huntersville once and it was gross too. 

I like my chili chunky with beans and a little kick to it served over elbow macaroni. The only weird thing I put in it is salsa after it's already made. 

Chili is good. Spagetti is good. Cheese is good. Why is it when you put them together it tastes like crap? Somehow the spagetti seems to water the chili down somehow. Anyway, what makes it worse is Cinci chili is no good to begin with, so the end result is extremely disappointing.

I lived north of Cinci for like 9 months many years ago. The weather sucks, there's nothing to do but hang out at the local hotel lounge and try to pick out the least fat woman to pick up, and you have to navigate the country roads with extreme caution due to the religious zealots cruising in their horse drawn chariots. Want to visit other Ohio cities to break the monotony? You have choices like Akron or Cleveland. Everything about Ohio (except Luke Kuechly) sucks.

I couldn't get out of that state fast enough.

i saved this all day for my twenty-minute walk down e. harris blvd to my car because i'm to cheap to buy an on-campus parking pass and giggled shamelessly the entire way.

also as a former resident of the cincinatti suburbs i can attest that skyline chili tastes like someone pooped an undigested pumpkin pie into a bowl of cinnamon and added cheese. blech

My friend tried making it a couple times last year. He's a decent home cook. I thought it was kinda shitty for chili and he's the only person who likes it. I got it from Lupie's in Huntersville once and it was gross too.

I like my chili chunky with beans and a little kick to it served over elbow macaroni. The only weird thing I put in it is salsa after it's already made.

post-6961-141281083649_thumb.jpg

post-6961-141281083649_thumb.jpg

I lived in Ohio for two years and heard loads of talk about Skyline Chili but never got to try it.

People from up there tell me I missed out. Sounds like opinions here are different.

Here is a picture I took of my coney dog in Great American Ballpark this summer. Notice the cheese to everything else ratio.post-332-141281541235_thumb.jpg

post-332-141281541235_thumb.jpg

Archived