• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Down 50 lbs!

Jackofalltrades

Just had to share, I'm down to 330 for the first time in a couple of years. I hit 380 and decided things had to change.

I lost 40 lbs and then hit a plateau, but my new job stoked the fire and I lost another 10 in the last month without really trying.

300 is my next goal, I'm re-motivated so I think it's doable!

Pics? :cool:

Keep it going! My former boss went from 280 pounds to 180 in 9 months when he turned 40. He went nuts! P90x, totally changed his diet, etc. Now he's a fitness buff. Does the Iron Man triathlon, runs a couple marathons every year. It's never too late to make a big change, and no goal is ever too big if you really dedicate yourself to it.

yeah, I hit 310+ a few years ago and knew I had to change, I got down to195 in less than a year and that was hard to do. 190 is supposedly the weight I should be to not be obese by Government standards...lol. I maintain about 220 and I'm okay with that. 

Congrats and keep it up!

Thanks.

Low carb has been the method. I haven't had a soft drink or sweet tea in 6 months and I really don't miss either. Also, for the first time in 8 years I'm at a job where I'm on my feet moving all day.

My BP is good, my labs are good, my Dr. pulled me off a couple of daily pills and I feel the beat I have in a looooooong time. I still have a ways to go but this morning it was awesome taking my belt to the very last hole.

Archived