• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL looking into Burfict - evidence courtesy of Mr Igo

London Loves Luke

With complaints mounting regarding the play of Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict in Sunday's 37-37 tie against the Carolina Panthers, the NFL is set to launch an investigation. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the league will take a closer look at whether the Pro Bowl defender attempted to injure Panthers players in Week 6:

As seen in these images courtesy of Panthers photographer Jeremy Igo, Burfict appeared to twist Olsen's ankle after making a tackle:

Here is a more condemning 3 frame look. Notice Olsen initially down without #Burfict grabbing ankle. pic.twitter.com/AubEQdX81c

— Jeremy Igo (@CarolinaHuddle) October 13, 2014

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2231388-vontaze-burfict-to-be-reviewed-for-allegations-regarding-cam-newton-greg-olsen

So proud of all of y'all, lets get this dirty SOB suspended. 

Enjoying some of the comments too, need to get this Panther fan onto the Huddle: 

brad b

Olsen just a baby. Lost all respect for the Panthers.

large_catscratchreader_com_minimal_crop_Joshua David La Russa36m Ago

We don't need your respect. Your respect isn't worth the dirt on a turd

As a Panthers fan, I'm not so sure Burfict was trying to intentionally hurt them. I've seen a lot of guys on other teams make tackles like that. They usually start mid level then if they can't get them down as they are sliding off they twist the legs to trip them up. I don't know, even if he did do it on purpose I'm not sure you can prove it.
large_catscratchreader_com_minimal_crop_Joshua David La Russa36m Ago

BS - I saw every bit of it.

Fines wont work.... lose of games will.  Otherwise players wont care, to them it will just be the cost of doing business.  They will trade a pittance of their millions to take a star player out any day of the week.    All the people who are not bothered by this, wonder how they will feel when its one of their star players are out due to something like this.  The Panthers got lucky this time, but that does not mean Burfit then gets a pass.    

Archived