• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is There A Blackout For Sunday's Game?

weyco2000

I was going to set my DVR to record the game and the Panthers game is not listed on TWC. I checked the Panthers website and noticed it was scheduled to air on CBS at 1:00 pm , I went back and checked WBTV's listings and its local programming. My brother has Dish Network and has the same listings...

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/nfl-quietly-crossflexes-week-8-cbs-gets-seattle-carolina-fox-receives-houston-tennessee.html

For October 26, the NFL has done a little tinkering in the 1 p.m. window, giving Seattle at Carolina to CBS while shuffling Houston at Tennessee to Fox. Both CBS and Fox will still air four games in the 1 p.m. window. Had the slates remained the same, Seahawks-Panthers would have been buried under Fox’s lineup which includes Pats at Bears. This way, CBS gets an improved schedule and Seattle-Carolina gets a bigger audience than if it had stayed with Fox. In addition, CBS stations in Seattle and Charlotte get a rare opportunity to air the home teams.

Archived