• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Next Contract

NJPanthers12

Ian Rappaport is reporting that the Panthers are convinced Cam is their franchise QB and hope to get something done this offseason. Also apparently Cam told the team he had no interest in a Kaepernick type contract and is looking more along the lines for a Matt Ryan type contract. I always felt Cam was going to take less but it doesn't appear that way. This offseason should be interesting.

Ian Rappaport is reporting that the Panthers are convinced Cam is their franchise QB and hope to get something done this offseason. Also apparently Cam told the team he had no interest in a Kaepernick type contract and is looking more along the lines for a Matt Ryan type contract. I always felt Cam was going to take less but it doesn't appear that way. This offseason should be interesting.

It actually won't be very interesting at all. We'll lock Cam up long term, then we'll do that thing referred to as the draft, then make our real $$$$$ by locking up some talented UDFAs, then training camp, and then the season will kick off.

There's really no sense in trying to get dramatic about anything NJPanthers12. Save this for your twitter accounts where u claim to be an insider

matt ryan contract is fair.  if the complaint is he doesnt have enough weapons and protection, then the salary shouldnt be ridiculous.

If you want to go that route, he could say CJ is getting paid wayyy too much money to play a position he sucks with.  Which he shouldn't be with the team next year anyway.  

It actually won't be very interesting at all. We'll lock Cam up long term, then we'll do that thing referred to as the draft, then make our real $$$$$ by locking up some talented UDFAs, then training camp, and then the season will kick off.

There's really no sense in trying to get dramatic about anything NJPanthers12. Save this for your twitter accounts where u claim to be an insider

but teh Huddle told me Cam hates Panther

Lol are you glad you got that off your chest? Well I couldn't disagree with you more. There have been multiple analysts recently who have said that Cam should and will likely test the free agency waters due to the garbage around him. It also will be interesting because this team doesn't have much depth and his contract could effect that. It is also interesting because we have never had a franchise QB before and this will likely be the biggest contract in franchise history. If none of that interests you well then I don't know what to tell you.

Pay him. Letting him walk would be a huge mistake for this franchise and we will feel the pain for years to come.

I think people forget the pain of the post Beuerlein years until Jake came along and then again once he left. I love knowing we have the answer at QB week to week and year after year for the near future.

Pay him.

Archived