• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It all starts at the top

JawnyBlaze

You do realize Jerry Richardson probably had no choice in the matter, right?

Greg Hardy was going to be gone regardless.  

I don't think that's the whole point though....JR could have stuck up for Hardy or backed him...the team just hung him out to dry and him getting put on the commissioners list doesn't mean they just let everyone lambast him and our organization without retort.

OP is correct.

Yes he is. You can't hand over 10% of your salary cap in a league this competitive and expect to win, or have respect from your players or fans. It means you care more about the league than your team. I didn't even want to keep Hardy, I wanted OL, but we kept him and need(ed) him. Sucks more than words and I'm disgusted, but the OP is correct.

I really want to blame the mess that is this year on Shula for being Shula, the O-line (and by extension, somewhat on Gettleman), on Rivera for reverting to scared p*$$y Ron, etc but I've come to the realization I just have to let that hatred go. 

It will all be redirected at Jerry Mother F*cking Richardson.

I've never jumped on the "hate Jerry" bandwagon.  I defended him through the lockout shenanigans.  I defended through not firing Hurney and Fox when he should have.  I defended him through pie charts, crocodile tears, and countless other indefensible actions.  The man got us our franchise. 

But I'm done.  Throwing Hardy under the bus and putting the NFL ahead of his team yet again is the straw that broke this camel's back. 

I know people will say "oh boo hoo Hardy's pocketing money without even having to play."  "Hardy's not the one being hurt here."  Yea, if you look at the short term, Hardy got a paid vacation this year.  If you take a broader look at the situation, first and foremost do you think this situation is going to cost him $13 mil or more on this next contract he's going to get (with another team, I'm sad to say)?  I bet it does.  This "paid suspension" is hurting Hardy financially, despite the shallow way some people look at it. 

The team not backing Hardy makes Hardy look more guilty.  By not supporting their guy they are damaging his reputation, both personally and professionally.  The way it was handled made it look to the uninformed audience that the Panthers took it on themselves to punish Greg because he deserves to be punished.  I mean if the Panthers thought he was innocent, why would they punish him?

The way Hardy was handled was a betrayal.  Hardy has done NOTHING but give 200% since he got here.  He is the Smitty of the defense.  Yea, he has a screw loose.  Yea, he's a kid and prone to bad decisions and getting hoodwinked by a woman with an agenda.  But by all accounts he's a good guy who has given this team nothing but his fullest effort.  He was a 1st round talent that dropped to the 6th due to questions about his work ethic.  He came here and destroyed any question about his work ethic for 5 years.  Aside from Smitty, I don't think there was a harder worker on this team.  The growth he showed was nothing short of phenomenal.  He was one of the worst run defending DEs in the league his first two years.  Then he became one of the best, at the same time improving to one of the best pass rushers at the DE spot as well.  The boy worked hard at his craft, for comparable pennies as his reward.  "Oh but he drinks in his off time!  And he rides a motorcycle!  He likes to hook up with easy chicks!  That monster!"  Get the fug outta here with that poo.  He's a kid who likes to have fun.  The picture of his speedometer, the motorcycle accident, neither of these were actions that were harmful.  There's no reason a guy can't ride a motorcycle, and him getting into an accident wasn't something he caused or should have been able to avoid.  poo like that just happens.  He missed ZERO game time due to it.  He just came out and dominated.  Yea, he got mixed up with a crazy manipulative bitch, but he's a GD KID.  He doesn't have the experience necessary to foresee this kind of outcome. 

I know this turned into a bit of a Hardy rant, but tonight's game just destroyed any hope I have for as long as Shula and Rivera are here and possibly as long as JR is in control of the team.  I'm no bitch ass fan who drops his team for poor play.  I've been with this team from day one when I was 13 years old.  I survived 1-15.  I survived Clausen and 2-14.  I will survive this.  But I will be God damned if I'm giving that old bastard another GD penny until he shows more loyalty to the team than to the fuging NFL.  I've got about 12 jerseys in my closet.  I was planning on buying a Kuechly soon and a Kraken (#76 with the name Kraken on it) when he signed long term.  I will be buying no more jerseys.  I will be buying no more merchandise on their store.  I have TONS of poo around my house from there.  He will not see one more red cent of mine until his fuged up priorities are straightened out.  I will continue to watch every minute of every game.  I will continue to cheer during the good times, and bitch and moan during the bad ones.  Because there's nothing he could do, not even moving the team, that would break my Panther Pride.  But seriously, though.  fug that guy.

TLDR:  Read last sentence.

I like JR.

OK ... anyone know the worst teams in terms of winning percentage in their 1st 20 years? I wanna know where we rank. Too mad to research. I know we're probably better than the Jaguars. At least their owner has a cool stache :)

Yes, we've made the playoffs here and there, but let's face it. We are not a winning franchise. We've changed coaches, coordinators, GMs etc.... But we're mediocre with playoff berths twice a decade. Only commonn denominator is the big cat and he aint going nowhere.

So, where did we go wrong? Why can't we put out a competitive product every year, and how do we fix it? I have my opinions, but these questions need an honest, educated, credible and direct answer for us to move forward.

For me, the good news is that the things that hamstrung us the past few years i.e. Hurney's crazy contracts should be out of our system in a year or two. We will have money.

Bad news is JR is too cheap to go after quality coaches. It is just basic economics. You get what you pay for. Rivera is a great defensive mind, but falls short when it comes to running a team. Rivera is an average HC.

Shula's promotion is a good example. Any reasonable football fan knows shula sucks balls as an OC, but most of us were OK with the hire because we didn't want to hamper Cam's development. Well, I hope I am wrong but I think this is as good as it gets with Cam as a passer unless he goes back to Florida and works with Weinke in the offseason or something. And Shula is Shula, so we are fugged offensively for now. KB's drops are fixable. We just need a speedy WR to stretch the field. But our QB is not a good passer right now even if the cowgirls OLine is protecting him.

In the mean time our best bet at winning is Great defense and a don't-poo-the-bed offense. The last superbowl winner with sh1t offense is the 2000 Ravens who had a once in a lifetime defense. This formula won't work in today's NFL. Even if we fire Rivera, unless JR opens up the checkbook and hires quality coaches, we'll remain an average team with playoff appearances here and there.

Sorry I am mad ....

Carolina Panthers:

5 winning seasons

14 mediocre or losing seasons

That is freakkin horrible. OP is right, at some point, it is time to look at the owner. Richardson is still stuck in the past where you play good defense and run the ball, hence him always wanting a Defensive coordinator as head coach. Times have changed man. Spend some damn money and hire a HC worth a damn.

Jerry is most definitely a bottom 5 owner. The worst part is that he gets his investment back before the season even starts through PSLs.

Oh well, it's just a game. won't pay any money for any panthers poo though

Jerry is one of the best owners in all of professional sports. It is a business. He runs it better than most (again all of professional sports).

Some owners view winning on the field. Same are willing to nearly go full retard to do it. Fans prefer those owners.

Why was this not locked last night as a rant? Wow it's freaking amazing how your in the click and your posts get to stay but if you have never really met Igo your poo gets locked or deleted. Grow up people its a message board. Whats good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Archived