• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Epic offensive showdown tonight

run1stdownrun2nddown

You know your team is having offensive struggles when you say to yourself "All we have to do tonight to win is outscore Mark Sanchez." And then you say to yourself.. oh crap.. I'm not so confident we can do that.

Shula vs. Sanchez... going to be a barn burner.

if only watching paint dry could burn down barns

You know, the only thing that made Shula-Ball bearable last year was that our defense was punishing. Teams feared us last year and the first two games of this year. When you played Carolina, your offense got banged up.

Now, knowing the opponent is going to have its way with us offensively, it's unwatchable. I'm not looking forward to trying to control the clock and establish the nonexistent run game when we're down 21-0. End rant. I feel better (not really)

You know, the only thing that made Shula-Ball bearable last year was that our defense was punishing. Teams feared us last year and the first two games of this year. When you played Carolina, your offense got banged up.

Now, knowing the opponent is going to have its way with us offensively, it's unwatchable. I'm not looking forward to trying to control the clock and establish the nonexistent run game when we're down 21-0. End rant. I feel better (not really)

Bc it wasnt flashy and was ball control oriented .....people overlooked in 2013 our offense pretty much had its way with teams.

Only difference this year is we have been starting offensive lineman that should be on the practice squad and have zero speed at WR to help open up our pass attack.

The Eagles' D is pretty stout. I still expect them to ball out even missing Ryans.

That said, I hope we throttle them. I would love nothing more than a blowout in our favor tonight where we just continue to pour it on.

I hope the story line tomorrow is how inconsistent we are, as opposed to Sanchez' rebirth

Two offensive philosophies at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Chip Kelly - the offense is what scores points so I want as many offensive touches as possible. Make the other team keep up.

Schula - The opposing offense can't score if they are on the sideline. Targets 8 possessions / game. Efficiency over qty. Protects the defense.

Schula's game plan might work consistently with a good oline/running game. But I think Kelly's allows for more mistakes and injuries.

Archived