• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What can we realistically do this offseason to protect Cam?

TheRumGone

this thread is not meant for sarcastic quips or petty one-liners but actual meaningful posts. We have problems on defense but our offense has put the defense in terrible spots the past couple of weeks when things were seemingly coming together to at least be competitive. It's a ying and yang thing as the 2013 team showed. Offensive line is obviously the biggest priority this upcoming offseason. Byron, Nate and Amini are not the answers. We may have found a gem with Norwell and Turner needs more time to evaluate. Kalil's cap hits are about to be ridiculous for his age. :-(

The question is do we have the resources to completely revamp this line or are we stuck for another year? We maybe in position to draft a blue chip LT. But this will be the biggest question mark of the offseason imo. I would like to keep this as focused as possible so please try to refrain from the obvious Byron sucks, cap doesn't matter, rivera can't evaluate talent, DG is sabotaging Cam ect type of posts.

For next year we need a LT, LG, and RT. Thoughts?

LT, RT, LG, speed at WR to open up the pass. A legit rush attack that doesn't require Cam to put them on his back.

i was surprised philly brown was deactivated. unless his concussion symptoms haven't gone away. he at least offers something different from the wr we have.

- Fire the coaching staff and get an offensive coach in place.

- Keep Kalil, Norwell and Turner. Everybody else is expendable or backup only at best.

- Might need to do something about Kalil's salary to free up some cash.

I'm with you Mr. Scot. We need an offensive minded coach. I like how Chip Kelly put it. "We don't care about leading T.O.P, we care about scoring TDs". We need a staff with that mentality. As a side note, I really do hope Shula is let go this week

Hopefully between the draft and FA, we can pick up some tackles that can actually block people. We get better line play, we will see Cam play better.

Cam has shown what he can do when he is actually given a clean pocket to work with.

Our defense sucks, but our offense is 10 times worse. It all starts with the OL.

Nothing is going to improve unless we spend a little money. Make some moves.

our defense has been put in tought spots the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't go as far as to say they suck (they're not great) but we need that ying and yang back in 2015.

Because of our cap hell, I'm not sure except heavily invest in o line in the draft and fire the OC

this is what i mean. We invest heavily on o line in the draft we will have a bunch of rookies again. That's another scary year. We need some more vet presence.

a blue chip LT would be a good starting point but we need some more experience on the line with kalil. And kalil may be gone in 2 years tbh.

Archived