• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st take destroys the Panthers FO, "Panthers Sold Cam Newton Out"

actually from what I heard out of the Rivera and DG next week it was the NFL that said to bench Hardy

Yep.  Gettleman made clear they had no intention of suspending him and Rivera abruptly left the presser, quite obviously pissed off.

The NFL needed him out of the spotlight to stop the flow of bad press they were getting.

So all the talking heads were saying our team was the worst in the league and would finish 4th in the division.  we were so cap strapped we couldn't resign anyone and were going to suck.  Now that it is happening suddenly the FO is selling out Cam.  What exactly is surprising about where we are and who didn't predict this for months???

The truth coming out was common knowledge since the spring. 

actually from what I heard out of the Rivera and DG next week it was the NFL that said to bench Hardy

This.

The NFL told Hardy to either take his money and disappear or he could just disappear.

Which would you take?

edit: BTW fug Skip and Steve.  They are right this time though. shudders at the thought*

This.

The NFL told Hardy to either take his money and disappear or he could just disappear.

Which would you take?

edit: BTW fug Skip and Steve.  They are right this time though. shudders at the thought*

I think the money was always the most important thing to Hardy.

And yeah, it's his right to be that way.  Still...

I said last year that we should make Rivera earn his extension in 2014, but there were a lot if voices saying "you don't make the coach of the year a lame duck!!!" (Despite the fact that few know what that term really means and performing to earn an extension is in no way a lame duck situation, but I digress.) I hope the Ron supporters are happy.

I said last year that we should make Rivera earn his extension in 2014, but there were a lot if voices saying "you don't make the coach of the year a lame duck!!!" (Despite the fact that few know what that term really means and performing to earn an extension is in no way a lame duck situation, but I digress.) I hope the Ron supporters are happy.

I am not happy with the direction of the team but I am smart enough to know that you have to look at all the elements before deciding who is at fault.  If we had the same team as last year and were doing this bad you could blame Ron, but when you look at how different and how deficit this team is right now I don't see how Ron is even in the top 5 when assessing problems.  The only thing I can see if because he is not screaming and yelling and taking shots at players in the media, suddenly he isnt a good coach. 

Archived