• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where do you stand with Clifford right now?

JJman

Fire Clifford, Yes or No?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, No, Maybe so?

• Yes, right now before it is too late
    • Yes, but wait till the season is over
    • Maybe, give him time to turn it around and if see where we are in February-April
    • No, it's way too early to judge and the man led us to the playoffs last year

I clicked yes but I meant maybe. I don't really care that he made the playoffs, same as riverboat

Then what exactly do you care about?

Getting to the playoffs is a pretty good indicator that you're doing your job. Sometimes it's not and can be attributed to how much talent your team has (maybe the 2013 Panthers), but that certainly wasn't the case with the 2013 Bobkitties team.

For me Cliff needs to decide what the rotations are. Like now. I know there's been some injuries but it's time to get this part established. We still look like we are searching. This should've been decided after 6-7 games. That's enough time to get a feel for the chemistry with different lineups IMO.

I don't think Lance and Kemba should be on the floor at the same time. Kemba / Neal. Lance / Roberts

For me Cliff needs to decide what the rotations are. Like now. I know there's been some injuries but it's time to get this part established. We still look like we are searching. This should've been decided after 6-7 games. That's enough time to get a feel for the chemistry with different lineups IMO.

I don't think Lance and Kemba should be on the floor at the same time. Kemba / Neal. Lance / Roberts

What's that going to change? There are no athletic wing scorers on this team. There is no player on the Hornets that any other team is overly concerned about because Jefferson isn't Shaq. He can't beat another team by himself. 

Lance would be much better if he was playing next to a shooter, which neither MKG and Kemba are. He's an energy and emotion player. Guys like him tend to make more shots when they see other people around them making shots.

Injuries have really hurt us this season. I don't blame Clifford after all he did inherit a horrible team. Right now we just don't have the right pieces to win. Since we failed to sign Gordon Hayward and instead signing lance our team basically has no offense. We need to make a trade if we want to win this season.

The problem is, because we have been so shitty with coaches not named Silas, we already have a HORRIBLE reputation with other coaches around the league. Jeff Van Gundy and George Karl have come out and said how poor we have been as a franchise in the hiring/firing department when it comes to coaches and that we don't give guys a chance... Then again, guys like Dunlap never deserved one. It still seems unbelievable that we ever did that in hindsight lol. That was REALLY bad.

That brings us to now though... Clifford deserves to be fired at this point. As others have mentioned in the game thread, including myself, we fall apart in the 4th because he stops doing what was working. His substitutions are horrible. His rotations look like they are starting to come together and then he decides to be an asshole and bench a guy like Lance for almost an entire half because he has some personal beef with him, but he'll play a guy like Maxiell or Marvin until they're legs fall off while they're stinking up the joint.

Tonight was a prime example... HENDO HAS PLAYED like poo most of the season. He has started to play much better the last two games. Tonight, he was doing a GREAT job on Klay. Made some incredible defensive plays and then found his way into the offense with ease. Looked great in the 3rd quarter... Gets subbed out, then I don't recall seeing him again. If he did come back in then it wasn't for long. I get that we were short on big, but again, look at Biz. Put him in in the 4th to give AL a breather, and he for some unknown reason keeps trying to cheat off Speights and gives up 3 or 4 wide open jumpers. If I'm Clifford, im yanking his ass out after that second consecutive wide open j. Instead, he leaves him out there and the momentum shifts. Game over. Also, putting an undersized Roberts back there with Kemba to close out the game for the second game in a row... WTF is he thinking??? I said the other night, I hate that lineup... We just give up too much defensively and you saw it again tonight. Furthermore, offensively tonight, that was just a stupid combo to close out the game. Either you put Hendo in for defense or you put PJ in to space the floor and give you some size. Instead, he goes with Roberts and Kemba and we lose it in the 4th again.

It's like, you don't do poo like that unless you are actively trying to get fired. I just dont understand it and I don't know why MJ is putting up with it.

When you let a guy named Speights get 16 points in the 4th quarter and you don't know how or what to do to adjust you defense to stop him then there's a problem.

Fuggin' Speights hit 7 baskets in a row for the Warriors.

Speights...

Let's not forget his name is basically Maurice spelled different. Maurice sounds like the name of a tour guide at the zoo.

I would fire him if George Karl would take the job right now.

Otherwise, unless there is a better option available I am not sure what it would accomplish

Who is going to make shots with Karl as the coach instead of Clifford?

Who is going to morph into an elite player with Karl as the coach instead of Clifford?

Who is going to make shots with Karl as the coach instead of Clifford?

Who is going to morph into an elite player with Karl as the coach instead of Clifford?

Not every coaching style is the same so some players may be more productive in different styles. But here is a brief reason why I like Karl with this team.

Pace.

We don't have elite shooters in our starting line up. But we do have guys who are strong, athletic, slashers, and fast or at least some combo of the three.

This team is going to struggle offensively if we are trying to be a slow, half court offense. Even on defensive rebounds we get the ball and jog the ball up the floor. Most of the time we have three guys who can get the ball up the court on a rebound. Kemba is ultra fast and super quick. Stephenson is best getting the ball to the rim. Same with MKG.

I would like to see us get the ball and GO. Try to get easy baskets in transition. Try to score before the defense gets set. Go fast!!

If you don't get it then get into your pick and roll or iso Big Al.

From top to bottom we are better built for a high paced, run, run, run offense with the exception being Al. But you don't need him to go fast. He can trail the break and pick and roll with him, which we already do a lot of in transition.

I think George Karl (or someone similar) better fits this personnel.

There are other inherit issues with going fast like teams that aren't used to it tend to turn the ball over until they adjust to pace. SO it probably isn't a magic cure-all.

But we need MKG and Stephenson slashing before the defense is set. Getting to the rim with less congestion. Finding guys lost in transition. Put more pressure on defense to locate their man and defend.

It won't solve all our woes, but it seems to me that it is a better fit. If you want to go slow and work through low post that is fine, but you have to build like San Antonio and just put good shooters every where and dare teams to double team Al. Right now we have 4 below average or bad shooters in our starting 5

But what do I know, even though I know basketball inside and out, I am somehow usually wrong so fug it :P

Archived