• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason Williams waived too?

SgtJoo

They are blaming him for the first blocked punt.

Solid special teams guy. When he is confused about his assignment....there may be coaching issues.

This, said perfectly!  I really can't believe this bullshit.  Williams has been very solid on ST, and you almost always heard his name when plays were being made.  I completely understand Cason, but to poo on Williams like that is unbelievable.  One blocked punt outweighed the plethora of good things he did for that unit... fuging sad.

Makes me question who is making these cuts. Is it Rivera or is it Gettleman??

But thats what worries me... If Rivera is to be fired, why would Gettleman give him this much freedom? Williams still has many more healthy years left to play... Why cut him?

And if Rivera isn't making the season decisions, why do so many of them coincide with Rivera covering his own ass?

In case no one knew, this is what it looks like when a coach is about to be fired. Signs like these (cutting random dudes with four games left to play) is the first big red flag a coach knows his job is in jeopardy. 

Pretty much.  It's a sign of desperation.

Maybe there is no conspiracy here.  They have two vets that are not under contract next year. The season is pretty much done. They have an opportunity to evaluate a couple of guys on their practice squad against first stringers in real games that count (not meaningless preseason games).

Or maybe these practice guys had good attitudes and busted their ass at practice and now their boss is rewarding them. 

So the Vikings coach says at half time that they saw gaps in our punt cover and practiced all week for a block. And Rivera has the balls to let the world know that he doesn't see a fault by ST coach? Unbelievable! 

Rich Rodgers is one of his friends from college. There's no way Rivera is going to throw one of "his guys" under the bus, when there's so many other scapegoats to choose from.

Archived