• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Wide Receiver Update

Admiral Ackbar

Just an update on the rookie wideouts throughout the NFL. Beckham as you know, has came on real strong within the last few weeks, but so has Mike Evans. Our own Benji is still hanging in there but will need to come up big these last 3 weeks to make his case for the OROY. Even if he does not get the award and doesn't catch another ball this season you have to think that he was a great success in his first season and he definitely exceeded my expectations.

Here are the Stats:

RECEPTIONS

1. Jarvis Landry               63

2. Odell Beckham            59

2. Kelvin Benjamin       59

4. Sammy Watkins           58

5. Mike Evans                  57

6. Jordan Matthews         56

YARDS

1. Mike Evans                  935

2. Kelvin Benjamin       848

3. Odell Beckham            829

4. Sammy Watkins           822

5. Jordan Matthews         709

6. Jarvis Landry               573

TOUCHDOWNS

​1. Mike Evans                  10

2. Kelvin Benjamin         9

3. Martavis Bryant            7

4. Jordan Matthews          7

5. Odell Beckham             6

7. Jarvis Landry                5

Yeah the hype train for OBJ is insane whether he deserves it or not.

Honestly, KB will be a monster I pray, especially if we get someone else on the opposite side/ some protection for Cam. 

But many of his big plays seemed to happen in garbage time for us.  Lastly if he were to catch the EASY balls his stats would be so much greater.

I'd rather see him make the acrobatic catches though, because the easy ones should come with time. The others can't be taught.

Yeah the hype train for OBJ is insane whether he deserves it or not.

Honestly, KB will be a monster I pray, especially if we get someone else on the opposite side/ some protection for Cam. 

But many of his big plays seemed to happen in garbage time for us.  Lastly if he were to catch the EASY balls his stats would be so much greater.

I'd rather see him make the acrobatic catches though, because the easy ones should come with time. The others can't be taught.

He does, there's no debating it. He was the most complete WR in the Draft last year and should have been the first off the board. 

Just an update on the rookie wideouts throughout the NFL. Beckham as you know, has came on real strong within the last few weeks, but so has Mike Evans. Our own Benji is still hanging in there but will need to come up big these last 3 weeks to make his case for the OROY. Even if he does not get the award and doesn't catch another ball this season you have to think that he was a great success in his first season and he definitely exceeded my expectations.

Here are the Stats:

RECEPTIONS

1. Jarvis Landry               63

2. Odell Beckham            59

2. Kelvin Benjamin       59

4. Sammy Watkins           58

5. Mike Evans                  57

6. Jordan Matthews         56

YARDS

1. Mike Evans                  935

2. Kelvin Benjamin       848

3. Odell Beckham            829

4. Sammy Watkins           822

5. Jordan Matthews         709

6. Jarvis Landry               573

TOUCHDOWNS

​1. Mike Evans                  10

2. Kelvin Benjamin         9

3. Martavis Bryant            7

4. Jordan Matthews          7

5. Odell Beckham             6

7. Jarvis Landry                5

Games played would have given a more accurate picture. Games started would have been even better.

Archived