• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Amazon Fire stick

Johnny Rockets

So as a prime member I just got one delivered for $20 because it was a good deal. I have an apple TV and not sure if there is an advantage over the apple tv. Here are my 3 options:

1. - Keep it as a back up to my apple tv

2. - Give it to my college son (no prime) for christmas.

3.- Give it to my 70 year old dad who is pessimistic about these thing but was intrigued when I showed him Apple TV when I went to visit at thanksgiving. (no prime also).

I am leaning towards giving it to my dad because he is the guy who has everything but not this. Because of that, i rarely give him a Christmas present.

What say you huddle?

pros / cons?

I am torn between the Fire stick and the Chomecast. I like the fire stick better but unless I missed it I didn't see an option on the fire stick like the chomecast where you can mirror your laptop or desktop onto your tv. I really would like to have that feature, and note sure if the firestick offers that, when the chromecast does.

Does anyone know? If it does I'm getting the fire stick instead.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Mr. Rockets. Give it to pops.

Is it like Roku? Can you add a billion different channels?

Nevermind....

However, it doesn't have direct access to content that users have bought from either Apple's iTunes or Google's Play Store. Nor does it have anywhere close to the broad selection of Internet channels that you can get through Roku's devices.

http://www.courant.com/consumer/hc-ls-amazon-fire-stick-20141212-story.html

I got another Roku for 28 bucks during Thanksgiving. A much better deal.

Archived