• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Dec/Jan Records in the NFL

Mark S

And the Carolina Panthers have been down this road many, many times over the years....

Ouch!

To me, the saving grace is the fact that for the first time in a long time we have an actual football guy in charge.

That may not erase any of our past failures. But...it bodes well for the future. I for one like looking forward as opposed to living in the past.

I'll admit, when we started 2-0 I thought we were going to be good. I never thought this season would evolve into this mess. But as been said. It took a perfect storm of wtf moments for this season to dissolve into the mess it became.

Ah hellz, GOOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see how some may see it that way. To me, that is just too simplistic. NFL players are at the top of their profession. The vast majority thrive on pressure. Until you get to the playoffs, all games have basically the same level of pressure.

It is difficult enough to win in the NFL. Which makes it just that much more puzzling as to why we can win late in the year, and struggle early in the year.

To me, this year was just a clusterfug of a year. O-line problems. Cam not being 100%. Whole new WR corp. RBs not being/staying healthy. Defense not playing to expectations. A poo ton of things went into our lackadaisical season.

Ah hellz, what do I know. Maybe it is just as simple as our Coaching staff is kildos. Which I don't want to admit.

I think more of it has to do with Ron than it does the player

Rivera has basically had to coach for his job the last 3 years.  Can't base it completely on that but I think it's a major factor here.  

I won't forget how many people expected him to be fired in 2012, same with 2013 after the Bills game, and then this year up until 2 weeks ago.  

We're still stuck in this Fox/Lovie/Fisher/Ryan cycle with coaches.  

I think more of it has to do with Ron than it does the player

As much as I hate to admit it, you may just be right. Every time we look like a team on the rise, he pulls the rug out from underneath us. I truly believe that we can win with Riverboat. Whereas we will struggle with Ron.

I guess we will find out next year. Cuz, I do believe he gets one more year.

Archived