• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula's Offense

Paintballr

Since December 7th, the Panthers have scored the following points.....

41 against the Saints

19 against the Bucs

17 against the Browns

34 against the Falcon

27 against the Cardinals

That's an average of 27.6 points per game. Do you think we have finally found a identity to this team? Found some consistency? I was a big critic of his early this year and honestly expected a change after our losing streak. If we get to the NFC championship game does he stick next year? Contrast from the losing streak we had....

17 against the Packers

9 against the Seahawks

10 against the Saints

21 against the Eagles

17 against the Falcons

13 against the Vikings

That's an average of 14.5 points per game. What are your thoughts?

I honestly think that after the Vikings game, they finally gave Cam more control on offense. Cam has been doing more audibiles, checks at the line, and more up tempo offense. That, and the fact our O-line has been playing well and J-Stew has been running wild lately has made Shula's job a lot easier too. As for him sticking next year, unfortunately he (along with the rest of the coaching staff) will be retained if we make it to the NFC championship game.

We started letting Cam carry the team, keep the tempo fast, and call audibles. It's absolutely without fail that every time our offense has stalled in these past 5 wins, it was when we slowed down and started huddling again.

In other words Shula's offense is better the less Shula it has in it.

We started letting Cam carry the team, keep the tempo fast, and call audibles. It's absolutely without fail that every time our offense has stalled in these past 5 wins, it was when we slowed down and started huddling again.

In other words Shula's offense is better the less Shula it has in it.

That's why I HATED the timeout call after the completion to Philly before the half.

This offense is so much better up-tempo than it is coming out of a timeout

Shula hasn't changed at all. He is doing the same thing he did earlier this year. But now we have the components to run his offense which is a decent offensive line and running backs who get positive yards. Cam is relatively heathy and our receivers are making plays. The offense is the same but the results are much better

Alot of this has to do with our defense and field position. Shula is still a dunce in my book until further notice.

I'm still praying he gets fired after this season and we get a real offensive mind to teach Cam.. But with each extra game, that firing seems more and more unlikely..

Archived