• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

alright so who should we cut/fire

-Mike Shula

-Richard Rogers

-Bryon fuging Bell

-Deangelo Williams

-Harper

-Bersin

All of these people off the field, and have SUITABLE replacements, I think we should be ok for next season. Rivera is prob never going to win a Super Bowl... but we'll see.

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes

Even Proehl?

And I'd definitely keep Pete Hoener.

objectively speaking, is he really that good? i mean i know he's ricky proehl but is he really that good? can you quantify a coach's performance based solely on outcomes? do any of us have the metrics needed to make a judgement?

IMO 99.9999% of this board's opinion about proehl is anecdotal, surfacey, and mired in the marsh of warm fuzzy feelings.

Shula, Rodgers, Bell, Bersin, Harper. OL coach.

Fools gold: Colin Jones, Remmers,

Colin Jones is a great special teams ace.....that we can't play on special teams bc our secondary is so weak. He is a keeper. But he needs to be a backup and ST ace

-Mike Shula

-Richard Rogers

-Bryon fuging Bell

-Deangelo Williams

-Harper

-Bersin

All of these people off the field, and have SUITABLE replacements, I think we should be ok for next season. Rivera is prob never going to win a Super Bowl... but we'll see.

1. I'm actually interested in seeing what Shula might do with a legitimate running attack. We've been very aggressive the last 6 weeks and played better.

2. Yes.

3. I'd keep him as a backup right tackle at minimum salary. He knows the scheme, at least.

4. It's inevitable. I wouldn't mind if he came back at veteran minimum, though. He's a good veteran presence.

5. We're stuck with him due to his contract. That being said, he hasn't looked half bad with some younger, faster guys around him.

6. As a punt returner, yes. As a receiver, no, I think he has potential. He's a 5th receiver, keep him and pay him as such.

objectively speaking, is he really that good? i mean i know he's ricky proehl but is he really that good? can you quantify a coach's performance based solely on outcomes? do any of us have the metrics needed to make a judgement?

IMO 99.9999% of this board's opinion about proehl is anecdotal, surfacey, and mired in the marsh of warm fuzzy feelings.

I would agree that this board in general highly overrates Proehl, but I like what I've seen out of guys like Kelvin Benjamin and Philly Brown and even Brenton berson (as a receiver, not a return man).  Veteran receivers as often as not are what they are, so I don't know how much you can judge by them.

I'm with you on this one. I've seen very little improvement when there is supposed to be a lot.

1. I'm actually interested in seeing what Shula might do with a legitimate running attack. We've been very aggressive the last 6 weeks and played better.

2. Yes.

3. I'd keep him as a backup right tackle at minimum salary. He knows the scheme, at least.

4. It's inevitable. I wouldn't mind if he came back at veteran minimum, though. He's a good veteran presence.

5. We're stuck with him due to his contract. That being said, he hasn't looked half bad with some younger, faster guys around him.

6. As a punt returner, yes. As a receiver, no, I think he has potential. He's a 5th receiver, keep him and pay him as such.

1. disagree

2. agree

3. No thanks

4. He is actually a known locker room cancer

5. No. I want nothing left of the Wofford experience.

Archived