• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ideal First Round Pick For Carolina (2015 Edition (v1.0))

MichaelNewtonII

As I've said in another thread, I don't follow college at all, but I looked at some mock drafts, what about Sammie Coates? He seems to fit the "speedy playmaker" WR we need and is 6'2 with 4.3 speed

He has the physical tools, but is very raw.  Drops too many.  He may be available in the second, and I think I remember

seeing a mock where he was available in the 3rd.

He'll impress in the combine, and someone will probably take him to early.

I like the wr out of Florida State in the second if he's still there.  He's a possession guy, not a speed guy that we

need, but he's a good one.  And he's played with KB.

Honestly I will be a bit surprised if we go WR in the 1st round two years in a row.  Not saying we won't, especially if they are BPA, but for a team that's identity is running and stopping the run I expect us to go offensive line or even defensive ilne or perhaps another speedy ass linebacker.

I doubt Smith is there late in the 2nd. After teams start breaking him down and he drops jaws at the combine, I think he's going to climb fast. Smith might be a guy we'd have to take in the 1st, which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to depending on what OTs were on the board.

Said in another thread I predict he goes where Paul Richardson did last year. He may be a bit of a one trick pony at the moment but it's a helluva a trick and worth a higher pick

i haven't really looked at any WR because I think that LT is with out a doubt the biggest need, especially if we don't re-sign Bell (don't think we should)

Agreed, but I still believe you just draft the best guy. (Within reason of course) If there is a playmaker/speed WR there and he is better than the guy to fit your top need. Grab him. Draft top need in second. Also depends on how draft shakes down.

As I've said in another thread, I don't follow college at all, but I looked at some mock drafts, what about Sammie Coates? He seems to fit the "speedy playmaker" WR we need and is 6'2 with 4.3 speed

like KB, he drops routine passes but makes spectacular catches, but it happens more frequently on the former. he wasn't even on the field at the end of Auburn's bowl game when they were driving for the win/tie. what does that say about the coaching staff's faith in him?

also, limited route tree b/c of their offense

Compares closely to Cordarrelle Paterson (I watch a lot of auburn games ) not a good route runner only runs two patterns has speed but we already have one Steven hill

The thing with Coates and the go routes that he ran at Auburn, I can't draw any specific conclusions about his ability to run a full route tree.  I think it was more the system, that dictated he run nothing but go routes. (Also we have to remember he came into the season injured).  That system at Auburn sucks, it wasn't a real offense.  In fact, it wasn't quarterbacked by a real QB either, not to mention it was a run heavy offense.  I would probably question Coates more on his hands than his ability to run routes.

Archived